Best Oil

I ran the rottella when I first got the truck and then I moved to Royal Purple.My truck runs very smooth and got a lil better by the second change.The engine seems smooth and just stayed that way.I think I got one mile better to the gallon.My buddy put it in his 01 after running rotella and he was liking the Royal Purple.As we all know though our cummins have different tastes for wha they like an dislike

I run Royal Purple's 15w40. The engine runs smoother and better. I picked up fuel economy as well. Cannot recommend it enough!

I run Royal Purple 15w40 also but i add about 1/2 gal of lucas also!:rockwoot:
Love the stuff and its perdy!

How many of you run a by-pass filter? That's the only way I see justification of the high $$ oil.

When I originally switched to Royal Purple, I did the math. Extended drain intervals + increased MPG made it a break even. Then I added a by pass filter. Now I use a full flow 3 micron filter and I'm way ahead using the high dollar good oil.

i know my dad has been running rotella 15-40 ever since i can remember in out tractors and trucks on the farm both of our tractors have well over 8000 hrs and have been untouched i know my dads truck went like 400k without an overhaul on his chevy 350 and other than my brothers dmax thats all we run and no problems yet i run 2gal of that and 1gal of lucas oil stabilizer ever since i put the cummins in my truck. i agree that all motors have a different taste in oils and if you run one long enough that it could get used to it.

Back