Best Single for pulling?

wildmanben said:
so I have been talking and reading and come up with this. The K31 with a .80 a/r housing with T3 flange would be the best suited for my application. So now, wheres the best place to get one?

I wonder........

called PDI today and got the run around. All they knew about the K31 is that it had a 71mm wheel and came with the small housing for $1430. Thats all he said he knew about it.

Columbus Diesel has the K31 with .70 a/r wastegated housing for $1725... Good deal?

wildmanben said:
Columbus Diesel has the K31 with .70 a/r wastegated housing for $1725... Good deal?

No because you can buy an Aurora 5000 for around $1700+/- its the same turbo but comes with all the mounting equipment to bolt up to your truck (ie intake hose, outlet pipe, outlet turbine pipe etc.)
I highly doubt columbus diesel includes all the junk necessary to mount theirs on a dodge.

If you ever get a chance to talk clint from ATS at a show he would cut you a good deal on a A5K he shot me a price of 1200$ my choice of housings

Diesel injection service in Cincinnati ohio has some prices on them too

Pulled again last night and still doesnt seem like the sled puts enough load on the truck in 3rd gear. Boost was 44-45, didnt hardly smoke and the pyro touched 1300. But in 4th it hits 53-55psi, 1600 on the pyro and smoke a good bit but will stall the truck out at the end. In 3rd it just spins out. So would a larger turbo help me in 4th? What about in 3rd? Or how would I load it up more in 3rd?

try 2nd hi

if your having trouble loading a s300 i think a larger charge is not what you need, sounds like you need a good sled

wildmanben said:
So is the Silver Bullet not good for sledpulling? I still gotta drive this truck to work so I dont want it to be not street friendly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uctsrycJAOk

I pull with a Silver Bullet and it has done great for me. I drive to and from the pulls and I love it. If you already have a 64 call Industrial Injection and talk to Shane or Brady and see what they can do for ya. Just my $.02

Ben you might be able to get away with a smaller charger. We have to remember that not everyone pulls in the midwest. From what your saying, it seems that the sleds are lighter, and maybe tracks are a little looser. We seem to forget that not everyone has Enterprise, Haisleys, and Scheid right in their backyard. We run against the guys that place in the top 5 pretty much anywhere they go. So I would suggest a 66 charger for a daily driver, but like Justin said your gonna miss it on the big end. Typically larger charger means larger RPM.

yeah your very true Dan... I am thinking pretty hard about a turbo from Bullseye Power. Just dont know if I want to spend the money to do it. I have the stocker to run in the winter cause there is no point in have 650 hp in the snow...

Back