Black truck.....

stock600

Well guys after this weekend Ive decided to put my black truck up for sale. This will be the rolling chassis only though, Im thinking of leaving everything in place so it would simply be a matter of bolting a cummins right back in it's place. If that ends up being how its sold, it could be back track ready in a few hours, everything literally could still be there minus the engine and tranny, who else is ready to start running in the low to mid 6's this next weekend on the cheap? The chassis is cert. to a 8.50 1/4, it has a 12 pt. cage, 9" with all the biggest and best parts moly yoke and Pro gears, big brakes, 33.5/16.5's out back, double DS loops, all new suspension including aftermarket springs and Strange double adjustables 2.5" drop spindles etc....... the truck works very well and a blast to drive, its been 6 teens in the 1/8th but allways gear bound through the 1/4 at around 10.4's, one could go to a GV or a 4L80E and be in the mid 9's with no trouble at all. Im not looking to get rich here, just recover some of the money from the project and move on to the next one..... Please PM me offers and I'll give you my number we can fiqure out a price fair for us both. Id like to see it go back to a diesel but you never know, I have a buddy very interested in putting a blown SBC in it and bracket racing it:doh:, ya that would work fine but this truck is pretty well known for being killer on the short track with the cummins.
Thanks.
Ryan Tucker

Sorry to hear it go man, can you offer us a price range??

I thought the frame was too tweaked out to race it anymore?

I got a buddy with a diesel and a chain that can straighten that frame out right quick :rockwoot:

If indeed that is the case.....

I wouldnt offer it for sale if it was'nt ready to go to work this next weekend. I spent conciderable money and 8 hours on a frame machine this past Wed. to get it back to race ready. Ryan

A few quick pictures, Im in the middle of pulling the drive line from it today. I may post some more pic's in a bit. Man it's going to suck watching from the bleachers for a while....

Attachments

• 101_0566.JPG
    101_0566.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 101_0570.JPG
    101_0570.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 101_0573.JPG
    101_0573.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 101_0574.JPG
    101_0574.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 101_0571.JPG
    101_0571.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 301
Few more.

Attachments

• 101_0572.JPG
    101_0572.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 125
    73.3 KB · Views: 142
  • 101_0568.JPG
    101_0568.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 101_0564.JPG
    101_0564.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 97
  • 101_0569.JPG
    101_0569.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 132
Ive had quite of few offers, most in the 6-8k range. Sorry not at this time guys, theres just to much in it to take that. Ive been offered 25k twice in race ready condition and turned it down, so I was hoping now for about half that ~12k. I want it to be easy to buy for someone though so the truck can go right back to going rounds, Im thinking I might go down to 9500 or so to make it def, easier to purchase. I wished I could have started with the truck as it is for that, Id sure be money ahead. There lots to be said in the engineering behind a built truck like this thats had all the bugs worked out of it and finally bulletproof it seems, its no cheap or easy task to get here though. With the cummins vac pump it makes this truck have killer power steering and power brakes, this sure makes the truck easy to drive, everything in the cab it set up to be simple as well not 68 toggles to flip when you get in, its all keyed ignition to keep it stupid simple and easy to drive. A 2k pyro on the coloum makes it easy to see down track, off to the rt. is a 0-100 boost, water temp, oil pressure, and nitrous pressure, all autometer 2 5/8 gauges, and a 0-60 fuel pressure off to the left side. I suppose the nitrous system and water injection could even be left in place to make it a super easy change over, the purge, t-brake, and bottle heater controls are at drivers reach to the RT. side as well. I have lots of extras that can go with the truck even including 2 hoods, another brand new set of front wheels and tires.... and much more. Selling this truck will just give more room in the shop and more funds to help with the new comming up creation.....
Ryan

What's you best guess of weight w/o engine and tranny? What did you use for an innercooler? Explain exactly what happened to the frame of the truck? How much work would it be to switch over to a duramax?

damn man that sucks i loved seeing this truck run.. are you getting out of the sport or what?

damn man that sucks i loved seeing this truck run.. are you getting out of the sport or what?

Na, just moving on to something differant it will still be powered by my engine/tranny. Building a race car and tuning it is the challenge, about every 1 1/2 or 2 years I build something else, over the past 15 years of race cars they get a little bit quicker each time, I never thought this pick up w/ a diesel would have been the quickest to date but..... I asure ya the next one will be quicker yet again. I just got the drive line out of it and will post some more after pic's when I can get them compressed down to size.
It dont have to be the end of the truck in the diesel world, someone with a 12v that makes at least 6-700 can be right back in the saddle in a week or two, I fiqure it only took about 840 or so to run my best of a 6.18 in this truck, so you guys with those heavy ass trucks thats making as much power or more, heres your chance on the cheap to get in a very competitive truck and shave seconds off your e.t. not tenths. My goal with the truck was a 5.99 and didnt get it done, someone with a little more power come get and show me how its done. I would gladly hook anyone up with a tranny and convertor to go right back just like the truck was, I also labled every wire and set them aside to where hooking another 12v back up would be such a breeze. battery lead, 1 ign. wire, 3 fuel sol. wires, water/meth hobb wires, nit. kit 1, nit kit 2, fan/water pump wire, and the stainless hoses...... boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure. Not a lot there, pretty simple.. na very simple.
Ryan Tucker

A few more....

Attachments

• 101_0575.JPG
    101_0575.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 101_0576.JPG
    101_0576.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 101_0577.JPG
    101_0577.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 101_0579.JPG
    101_0579.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 101_0580.JPG
    101_0580.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 73
If I recall the truck was 4500 pounds with a bit of weight added. Seems to me a good way to move to the head of the pro street field....

how close is terrel to ft worth? i got a buddy there that goes to kennedale all the time and wants to build something

and whats up with frame?

what did it do and what did you do so it wont do it again?

Well a member was committed at 9200 and now called saying he's having troubles getting all the money gathered up, so I quess it's available again.
Ryan

Fram oil filter?

I know... but as often as I change it every once in a while O'Reilys will be out of the Wix and I'll throw on a 3976"A", the A version was suppose to put Fram back in the game with a quality filter from what ive read? Have not had an issue yet, but dont run them often. I know when cold my oil pressure will peg the 100# gauge.....

how close is terrel to ft worth? i got a buddy there that goes to kennedale all the time and wants to build something

and whats up with frame?

what did it do and what did you do so it wont do it again?

Im 1 hour east of Dallas and I say 1.5 hr from Ft. Worth. This trucks last race with me was at Kennedale. I had hundreds of passes w/o ever an issue, the twisting started the first time I used the T- Brake, releasing the load and wound up energy then slaping it all at once, with 34.5" of rubber on the ground..... it just wants to bring the drivers side up so quick. There was no 1 single spot found on the frame where it failed, it was just an even twist throught I suppose. 40 tons of hydro pressure and she's back ready for buss.,
With what force it took to straighten it we dont think it will ever move again but Im gusseting a few areas in case, it wont be a problem. I'll get it up on the lift tonight and take some underneath pic's.....Ryan

Back