Brake upgrade power stop z36 kit or hawk?

I drive where -everyone- is in a hurry. I havent had a citation since '89 I dont mess around but people here are crazy as hell its impossible to keep a safe distance.

If the truck is rotting out that bad, Id undercoat it every fall with fluid film. Its nasty to work on but its not rusting.

I drive where -everyone- is in a hurry. I havent had a citation since '89 I dont mess around but people here are crazy as hell its impossible to keep a safe distance.

Feel your pain there. If there is half a car gap, they are coming in.

Feel your pain there. If there is half a car gap, they are coming in.

x2! I avoid a lot just by keeping distance. I used to live in Chicago and that made it tough, but I've still never crashed into anyone.

If the truck is rotting out that bad, Id undercoat it every fall with fluid film. Its nasty to work on but its not rusting.

I'm way past that point with my truck unfortunately. I barely have the lower half of my cab anymore. But I do plan on doing that on the next truck. And advice on coatings? I know 3M has one that's popular around here.

I am very impressed with EBC. I bought their slotted and dimpled rotors and green stuff pads for my 2003 for around $640ish and couldn't be happier. In fact, I was so unimpressed with the comparitive braking on my 2012 I changed out the pads within the first 1000mi to EBC yellow stuff; they are also awesome.

Can you turn the rotors? If so just turn them and throw on some good pads so they have a uniform surface to bed in to.

I've been happy with EBC on my vehicles as well!

Another note is that the dimpled and slotted rotors are better for high heat applications than drilled and slotted as the rotors can tend to crack around the through drilled holes in the rotors...

Back