BREAKING: Ram HD just named Motor Trend’s 2010 Truck of the Year!

Well, for 2009 there was no doubt I'd take a Ford over any of the others. But now Dodge has a bit more aggressive styling (good). And the interior is much better, and more stylish like the Ford. Still has a factory exhaust brake, and the correct amount of cylinders. It's back to a tough decision on which would be the better purchase.. Time will tell though with Fords new motor, And Dodge having a number of new things as well.

I can definitely say that Chevy has now taken a back seat to them both though.

Yea this award means nothing, because pretty much any truck that is all new redesigned for that year is gonna get it without a doubt. I really like them though, and would love to have a new dually.

That's funny, I'd figure the ford with the biggest ford emblem ever put on a ford vehicle would of been the feature to make the ford the truck of the year

But yeah, that Honda truck and it's award, or hell any award is bought. Who cares

what it really comes down to is all 3 suck, and if toyota ever release's their one ton with the hino motor (which they have no plans of doing) dodge chevy and ford are really screwed

Even if toyota released a diesel (good or bad) I would never drive/own one. It's American made or nothing.

Toyotas are hard enough to get parts for... imagine us hot rodders with a hino diesel breaking parts every week....:bang

2010_dodge_ram_heavy_duty_0_430.jpg
All I see when I look at the 10 body is FORD....looks like shat. Kinda really hate it so far. Just can't see growing onto that.....

Last edited:
according dodge.com the manual trans will only be a 5 speed.... new manual trans coming too?

EDIT:

wait, one spot it says 5 another it says 6... meh.

By the way, toyota dumped that design and its intentions to build a 3/4 and 1 ton truck. FOR NOW... they may make one in the future, but they dont have any intentions of making one right now because there isnt enough interest in them, and the economy is not good to be designing an all new pickup line.

its a 6 speed. the other cool thing is, you CAN NOT buy a 3500 with a gas motor.... FINALLY

whats wrong with it being made in mexico? 6.7 scorpion is gonna be made here too, about 1 and half hr drive from here.

BTW dealer here in mexico said the '10 is still gonna have a 5.9 but what do they know?

todays 09's still have a 5.9 here!

what it really comes down to is all 3 suck, and if toyota ever release's their one ton with the hino motor (which they have no plans of doing) dodge chevy and ford are really screwed

:doh: None of the "Big 3" American makers should be worried about a POS Toyota "3/4-1ton"

2010_dodge_ram_heavy_duty_0_430.jpg
All I see when I look at the 10 body is FORD....looks like shat. Kinda really hate it so far. Just can't see growing onto that.....

Where? Theres not an ounce of Ford in them. Seriously. And not a hint of Toyota either. 100% Dodge

Lets see, what it does have in common with Ford: 4 (or 6) tires. 2 (or 4) doors. A bed. Headlights/taillights/clearance lights. Rearview mirrors. Windshield and windows all the way around. Other than that, theyre distinctly different. Park them next to each other and youll be hardpressed to see ANY similarities

The only commone ground is ugly ass front bumpers. Dodge and Chevy look the same to me.

Back