Brian Spooner 7.97

Before the Wade bashing gets too deep in here, let me try and answer your question. I talked to you in Texas about your truck a while back, and you were reluctant to give turbo, transmission, or nitrous information, so I couldn't shoot it. Almost every serious competitor tells me some things that they qualify with "don't put this in the magazine," but they also give me enough to make a story. Make sense?

Back to Blown Smoke?

You missed some important info. I said BW turbos,Chevy trans,and some nx nitrous. Although simple pics reveal that much.

I also said if you called to do a actual article I'd talk about specific details.

Never heard from you.

You'd think that mag readers and editors would wanna hear something about the fastest/quickest drag truck in the world.

Oh and for the critics, we earned that title, that's not braggin, that's a fact.

Jason if you'd like to talk about this pm me please, I don't wanna muddy up this thread anymore.

Last edited:
Its a pretty good ratio right now, that is going to spin pretty fast once he jumps the bottom pulley again.

20150808_140925_zpsoigms6nh.jpg

2 12mm stroker dmax pumps iirc. Both are driven off a jackshaft on the crank to that plate in front of the engine (one of them is visible in the shot Nootch posted)

Last edited:
I can't remember, is it dmax block or crank? It's hemi heads, right?

I think the only thing Duramax about it is the LBZ injectors and maybe the ECM. If I remember right it has a Hemi Top fueler block with custom Pistons and heads, but i am not sure that is 100% accurate.

Not much of it is Duramax, it's basically a Brad Anderson style fuel/alky motor, with a lot of custom parts and pieces to run on diesel. If there's enough interest, I can see if the Editor of Ultimate Diesel Builders Guide can put the article up online somewhere.

Interesting for sure. Def needs to clean up the smoke to be able to watch it down track though.

Love this thing. If you haven't heard it in person, you need to.

For those who haven't seen it, go to the NHRDA website and click on Diesel TV. Then click on the top video and go to the 2:24 mark and you see the 7.96 pass from a much better angle. It was the Prostock final against Aaron Schaff and the CTPerformance truck.

It was pretty cool to be standing 50 feet away when it would leave. It kept getting better MPH each pass. The last pass was a 7.97 at 179. Aaron was out in front for the first 300ft. His ride leaves pretty hard.

It just seems so tame and smooth!

Amazing piece of engineering. I can't imagine what this thing will be putting down a year from now.

2 12mm stroker dmax pumps iirc. Both are driven off a jackshaft on the crank to that plate in front of the engine (one of them is visible in the shot Nootch posted)

Thanks for the info. Guess the guys running 4-5 CP3s didn't get the memo these guys did.

I am really rooting for this truck due to all the diesel ingenuity involved in this build. Who would have ever thought of a diesel Hemi !! Awesome

They're just now getting it to make good passes...I think guessing HP right now would be well short of its potential.

Back