Bucking jerking rough running, and......

So what are the signs of an ICP going bad? Mine doesnt start very well and runs horrible when it's started in the morning smokes blue, and sputters and jerks till it warms up. And over the last couple of days has started leaking oil from somewhere that I can't see but looks like the top passenger side from the best I can tell.

I'm spent, truck has now had the ICP and IPR replaced, the wiring harness, oil and fuel filters, and it seems to be getting worse. I keep saying HPOP, but they just keep fighting me.

I recently pulled my HPOP and replaced my 2-piece fitting with an updated 1-piece. There is a kit out for this: 4C3Z-9B246-C. Since I already had my turbo off, I decided it was a good move even though I didn't have any problems.

I read somewhere, that usually the HPOPs are okay and it's just the fittings that are leaking. 2005+ they changed those fittings to a 2-piece SCT quick connect. What year is your truck? Perhaps they could try to replace the fitting?

While I was into the HPOP system, I didn't notice any ICP sensor. I obviously had to remove the IPR to get the HPOP out, but where is the ICP sensor? The 6.0 Bible isn't clear "exactly" where it is? Strange I didn't notice it while doing my job. I don't even remember any electrical connector to unplug (other than the IPR). Hummmm.

Yea, there is an electrical connector on the pass side front valve cover that I wasn't sure what it was. That could be it. I hope so too, that's easy to get to. I'd hate to have to take my HPOP cover off to replace an ICP sensor.

Thanks!

just an fyi, the hpop cover has an o-ring seal. So taking it off really isn't that big of a deal once the turbo is off. But Tim is right, if your icp is not on the valve cover, it is a paint in the butt!

Back