Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

Inside joke I’m assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not on you Blake, Jeff is racing dually, AKA jackstand racer... hes been getting ridden pretty hard on the dually project... (all in good fun though). It has now become a sore spot lol. Sorry for the derail, Truck is looking good. This is Trevor by the way not sure if you knew that...

Not on you Blake, Jeff is racing dually, AKA jackstand racer... hes been getting ridden pretty hard on the dually project... (all in good fun though). It has now become a sore spot lol. Sorry for the derail, Truck is looking good. This is Trevor by the way not sure if you knew that...

Yea I was aware of that lol. Mine has been on them a lot longer then I wanted it to be

While waiting on axles to arrive back been doing some small things. Decided to go ahead and do some work to the intake ports on the head. I’ve already done the exhaust side prior but never touched the intake side until now. Just a mild job with keeping majority of the swirl. Took out well over 1/8in in some places
Before
55007dbfd24beec483a631c41f857760.jpg

7bdc4a64d0cc7dbdcf207f6726e258e7.jpg

After
953a1f4f05cb1d560eec562d338bf483.jpg

Ended up doing alitte more. Not perfect but should be better then it was
8f4fa5079b024d2607568bc5e28e83d8.jpg

Decided to use the other bed I had laying around to make the truck look alittle better. Still have to do some more trimming but its in place to mount brackets. Sadly axles won’t be in until Monday so no testing this weekend.
b8aa9bc592db3910c242d9dbc09e0bb6.jpg
4593b87f69d8600342a08919e3dc9d52.jpg
fa0c1985a6648003022b1ee44bb18b63.jpg

I know I’ll be gaining a bit of weight. But at this point trying to get the rear weight up. Was previously 39.6% I would like to see closer to 45 if possible. Gonna drop as much as possible from front and add to the back as needed.

Just a update. Been fighting small problems with wiring etc. finally got to do some spool up testing and stuff this past weekend. The 88 lights just about as soon as I want with the spool jet. The truck is now 3952 with me in it. With a 57.5/42.5 weight offset. Which is a lot better then the previous 60.5/39.5. I was gonna make some passes Friday however the truck is now so low I wasn’t able to get the factory transmission crossmember to clear my trailer. So I have to make another. But I’ll have it out next week.
44dc3da0cbfd4023eef04f52a91bf791.jpg

e87e757dc51130fb2726ed0ea7a4e746.jpg

Last edited:
Steam rollers out back!

Yes sir. Seems like the 4 link is going to work well. Before if I tried to launch on the street it would just sit still and spin. It still spun some but it grabbed and hooked a lot more then ever before

Just a small update. Went the the track. Had nothing but problems didn’t even really get a pass in. Truck is leaking boost somewhere huge. Haven’t been able to figure it out. I busted a hole into my intercooler so I re arranged everything to run without it. I think the head never seated and under any boost it’s just blowing by.
But here’s some pics
b68c59e9603aff07bba69d334849f045.jpg
cf66e435da3de3bf36b939a5df1b32ba.jpg

Last edited:
Kept having spooling issues and seemsed like the truck wasn’t making any compression. I got a 188/220 from Hamilton hoping to aid spooling some and when I went to pull the old cam I found the problem. I had walked the cam gear off 1/4inch past the face of the crank gear. But anyways it’s fixed now and welded for good! Hope to actually make some passes this Friday.

dumb question, but is that a regular worm clamp on the cold pipe? (top left of the pic) maybe that is your boost leak?

Good catch, that's totally a regular hose clamp. You can see it in another pic further up the page.

Also, how does the cam gear sliding off cause low compression and spooling issues? If it was still engaged at all the engine shouldn't have ran all that different. I guess it could've changed cam timing a small amount being a helical gear.

Good catch, that's totally a regular hose clamp. You can see it in another pic further up the page.

Also, how does the cam gear sliding off cause low compression and spooling issues? If it was still engaged at all the engine shouldn't have ran all that different. I guess it could've changed cam timing a small amount being a helical gear.

I was told it would throw it off by a good margin. Expecailly as far off as mine was. And yes that is a hose clamp it’s held 55 psi since day one on there lol. I’ve never had that one loose.

Wow,
Awesome build, your build pace is inspiring!!! I guess I don't get on CompD often enough to catch the cool builds.

Let me know if you need anything, we like to help out where and when we can on these grass roots racer projects with discounted pricing. So if you need a discounted AFC foot or an Air Filter to keep that new turbo healthy, feel free to send a message or call the shop.

Also, intercooling is a big part of increasing the air density, I honestly think of it as a second stage of compression, much like compound turbos. While the weight savings is quite tempting, there's a reason most/all of the fast promod cars/trucks still run "heavy" charge air coolers.

Back