Budget Beater!

Well it's was the 3rd day of breaking in the engine when it took off on me. Haha. I'm glad no one was hurt. It was one he!! of a ride in traffic. Not gonna lie I pooped a little.

dude, that sucks... if you need parts i might have some for my engine that hasn't been installed yet.

let me know

Why aren't you putting those in your truck Lance? You need to kick it in the butt man.

Man, I'm glad to hear you made it out of that mess! I'm ready to see what that thing does on the track, and I know you are. Is the rpms what hurt the engine?

i moved to Billings, still have the machine shop bill to pay, and been on the road so much lately no time....about to have Burton throw the bottom end together for me to save some time but thats the fun part of the build. if i was gonna have Jason build the bottom end i might as well take the whole truck to him and have him do it all lol

Man, I'm glad to hear you made it out of that mess! I'm ready to see what that thing does on the track, and I know you are. Is the rpms what hurt the engine?

It was heat that killed the engine. I'm running Hamilton 180lb springs

i moved to Billings, still have the machine shop bill to pay, and been on the road so much lately no time....about to have Burton throw the bottom end together for me to save some time but thats the fun part of the build. if i was gonna have Jason build the bottom end i might as well take the whole truck to him and have him do it all lol

Dang I didn't know you moved. No more gator huh. Haha. Building the engine is almost as fun as racing it. Well hope you get that thing ready for at least next year

Holy **** thats scary.. Thats what I picture happening when I have mine over 115mph.

Is air shut off the only way to stop it? Would suck to loose power steering and brakes at 115 when the motor shuts off.

Yeah air shut off or throw it into neutral and start cracking injector lines till it runs out of fuel haha.

With the down time I have while waiting on the new block and pistons that are at the machine shop I decided to do a little frame and engine bay clean up.

bena3u8a.jpg

gu2amuze.jpg

Engine wire harness before
uvamemev.jpg

Engine wire harness after
udapy2ud.jpg

That's a lot of left over wires :eek:

Also, I may have missed it but are you running those front rims all the way around? If so I think they look alot better than the stockers.

I was running those wheels front and rear but am going wider in the rear and narrower in the front so switching to different ones. Not my show but I wish. Local friends diesel repair shop Specialized Diesel Northwest!

Looks like your making good progress but I cannot get over how calm you are about this, I'd be freaking the f out! :eek:

Can stock pumps stick?

No sense crying over spilled milk or a blown up engine. Just have to push forward and built it again. Its fun and a good learning process every time I do something.

Okay I was a little pissed at first and spending another 2500 to get it going isnt fun either. good thing I had an old Jeep to sell haha.

Back