Budget Beater!

Put the Budget Beater on a superflow dyno this weekend and put down some awesome numbers with it finally. Put down 709hp on my fuel only run and 840hp on spray!

Wow!

Congrats, that's quite respectable, especially for a "Beater" with a little 160 pump!!!

Now, the only problem is your daily driver will feel gutless when you hammer it.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Max stop living though us guys on the Internet! One of these days you may know what it's like to have a 11 second truck.

Btw great numbers! Have you racked the barrels on that thing?

Nope havent racked the barrles. No plate, ground foot, 191 dvs, 21*, 4k gsk, and a rack plug are the only things done to the pump.

Thanks guys im pretty impressed with how she runs. Im running out of fuel pretty quickly so next step is pump work, 5k gsk and then a bigger single to help with my quest to 10s fuel only!

Last edited:
Congrats on the #'s Tyler! Get you some SDX comp dv's instead of those 191's.

Max stop living though us guys on the Internet! One of these days you may know what it's like to have a 11 second truck.

Btw great numbers! Have you racked the barrels on that thing?
haha can't beat a budget diesel truck that can go to work, out run a vette and get the mileage of a accord. Gotta love it.

Update! Bad News For The Budget Beater!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739220.790902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739220.790902.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739235.148460.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739235.148460.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739263.578361.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327739263.578361.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
First pic looks like a melted piston but the second looks like something got in there and was banging around

Sorry for the poor pics. It looks like i lost a piston ring. im sure the nitrous was the cause of it but it was fun while it lasted. Cylinders 2,3 and 4 are scored and i quit checking after that. Time to go bigger and better i guess. my quest for 10s fuel only continues and this rebuild might help me get there.

My ideas and plans change alot but so far im thinking this:
Cylinders bored .020 over(hopefully that cleans up the mess)
Block decked
Head decked
.020 Mahle marine pistons w/ coated skirts
Machined head for larger valves
Bill Fletcher valve springs
Titanium retainers and keepers
5k gsk
Racked barrels
Possible switch to a Batmo s475

Since i have decided to get away from spray i was thinking about bumping my compression up a bit but not sure what. I also want to do a mini tub and run some wider tires at the track. The 33/10.50/16 slicks im running now are fighting for traction the whole way down the track.

Im wanting to run quite a bit of compression so your right I'll probably have to get that done as well. This will be my first performance engine rebuild so I have lots to learn. Any advice or knowledge on this build would be greatly appreciated.

How many miles were on the motor? It's sad to see it die, but hopefully you'll reach your goal with a fresh motor!!!

Too bad the $$$/ET is going to change drastically now. Great job so far though.

So I got to thinking about what caused all this damage and since I haven't pulled the pistons yet to look at the rings I was curious as to how common or easy it is for the piston ring to work it's way up into the top of the piston area. I also noticed while taking thing off that my turbo is shot and has a lot of in and out play. Is it more likely that the thrust bearing in the turbo grenaded and made its way into the cylinder causing the damage? Also everything ran and sounded fine when I shut the pickup off but the next time I started it it had the awful knocking which is why I tore it apart.

Back