Bypass Filter Mounting Location

I'm kinda thinking this as well. I've always been told the filters needed to be mounted vertical. Never really got a good answer why, but looking back at all the different filter setups I've seen over the years, every one has been mounted that way from what I can remember. But I'm just here for the popcorn, so don't listen to me! :hehe:

Wrong. Chevy trucks and cars have oil filters mounted horizontal on some applications. Also lots of small engines run horizontal filters such as Briggs and Stratton.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7191/7057587713_f66fa07c9d_z.jpg

The wife's Sequoia has it mounted horizontally, but the filter I'm sure fits a 18hp Briggs. Little tiny POS. It probably don't count. LOL

The wife's Sequoia has it mounted horizontally, but the filter I'm sure fits a 18hp Briggs. Little tiny POS. It probably don't count. LOL

Can't believe they let Toyotas drive around in OK.

So knowing what I know now about the oil pressure in this truck....no freakin' wonder it would never work. I've got my new gauges setup to keep track of mins and maxes on most parameters. I drove to McDonalds just now. The min oil pressure when you stop and go to idel is a whoppin' 20psi. WTH? :bang

The SOB ranges from 20 to 80 just with normal driving. Great design.

Crappy phone pic.

attachment.php

What it really looks like in simulation mode on the PC. Night view.

attachment.php

Day view.

attachment.php

Attachments

• moto_0692.jpg
    moto_0692.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
Back