Calling all machinists

Can't add anything useful about the orings... If the bores weren't rusty from sitting it's unlikely you have a stuck ring. If you're worried about that spray some Kroil down the cylinder walls.

So I wanted to update every one. I had a few problems I think or maybe one but I'm happy I redid the orings on my head the tolerance and tool path was horrible .
I tossed the head on and when to start my truck still had a no start , only this time when I sprayed it with starting fluid the truck came to life. With out starting fluid no go.
I still don't know what I did exactly but I threw in my other injectors I have . They are my smaller set . My larger set was the set I just set pop pressure on , the set the truck wouldn't run with. When I was setting pop pressure I know I set it allot higher , I was trying to clean up some haze at idle but I also put the nozzles in a used set of injectors I bought off ebay. So I have to examine both of those situations.
So truck starts now and I know what has to be fixed.
Thanks for all the help .
Off to do some updates on the valve body next.

So the oddest thing . I went to take apart and repop my injectors . They just pissed fluid out the nozzles . Odd . I dissamble the injectors and all the needles are stuck in the nozzles. I can see light amount of rust on the bores. I had these injectors sitting inside my garage for probably a year but the nozzles were new , maybe 5,000 miles on them . I cleaned the got all the crap out of them the first one popped off fine. Hopefully they give me no problems . I think I'm just going to buy new Bosch bodies.
OPUoSpMl.jpg

Last edited:
What do you guys use to seal your threaded plugs in your heads. Plumbers tape, loctite, liquid thread sealant? I had one come loose already. I put mine in dry.

Idk but I'm curious myself

No one replied so in used both plubers tape and a healthy coating of red locktite. I normally use the permatex liquid thread sealer but I didn't see red locktite mixing well with it.
Seems to of worked fine trucks back up and running.

I used permatex #1 on all the pipe thread stuff not intended to come out. Loctite 243 on small sensors and IIRC T plus 2 pipe dope on my water temperature sensor. FWIW I used .041” hardened 304SS wire for my o-rings and IIRC I used .027”-.028” depth on my grooves and they were .039” wide. I went with a little more protrusion on the o-rings since I have 625 ARP studs torqued to 150.

Interesting about the injectors.
How long did the injectors go unused after pop testing?
You using calibration fluid or fuel for testing?
Pop tester possibly contaminated?
Nozzles start life as genuine Bosch?

Interrogation concluded! :D

Interesting about the injectors.
How long did the injectors go unused after pop testing?
You using calibration fluid or fuel for testing?
Pop tester possibly contaminated?
Nozzles start life as genuine Bosch?

Interrogation concluded! :D

Not sure the nozzle were not new , it's a set I've had and used . I use fuel to pop test. I searched and found this happen to others too. It's from moisture and my garage has allot of moisture.

I used permatex #1 on all the pipe thread stuff not intended to come out. Loctite 243 on small sensors and IIRC T plus 2 pipe dope on my water temperature sensor. FWIW I used .041” hardened 304SS wire for my o-rings and IIRC I used .027”-.028” depth on my grooves and they were .039” wide. I went with a little more protrusion on the o-rings since I have 625 ARP studs torqued to 150.

When I tried making a form tool that's what I originally did . .041 wire . Protusions .011th I didn't so a good job grinding my tool . So I went to the next size up . .061
Engine is running great now though.

Last edited:
Back