Carbon Fiber Work

If you ever get to the point of doing 3rd gen panels 03 to 05 (hood, door skins, box sides) I will be very interested.

If you ever get to the point of doing 3rd gen panels 03 to 05 (hood, door skins, box sides) I will be very interested.

I will keep you posted on these, I do believe I will start with the 3rd gen stuff. Realistically, I hate that word, it will be this winter before I get these ready. Thank you very much for your interest.

If you can picture, in your mind, on a flat panel the weave is straight and uniform. On these cups the weave stretches and shrinks and is very wavy.

I'll try to get more pics up. I do understand your idea of three separate cups and see no problem doing it. The only drawback I see is that the cups screwed down onto the OE pillar would look cumbersome in my opinion. My opinion matters not, if that's what you want that's what you will get...I am here to please.

My plan was to use the three cups pictured, temporally attach them to your OE pillar, smooth out the edges and mold it. This way the A-pillar will be vehicle specific.

I can see what you mean with the weave pattern. It would be a royal PIA to get it uniform on a gauge pod. I'll see if I can get drawn up what I am talking about.

I'm glad someone is finally setting this stuff in motion, even if it is small special order type things.

I will keep you posted on these, I do believe I will start with the 3rd gen stuff. Realistically, I hate that word, it will be this winter before I get these ready. Thank you very much for your interest.

Any updates? The PS truck is in need of a diet!

CF stack. Hellz ya. Maybe by the next truck I get you'll have this perfected. Great idea. I have an idea for you...I'll PM.

You have a PM with my ideas along with 3D models of them. I wish I had the resources to build them myself like this. I think it is a win win for all who like pipes in the air. :D

Let me know what you think.

JWB

I am interested in a carbon fiber stack as well. will go with the CF wing and wrap desing on the truck.

Update 05 Oct 2011: I apologize for not being on here more than I have lately...I have been out of my area working for the military. This trip I'm on now will end this Friday (10-7-11) and I will be back home for the rest of the year and be able to get some of these projects completed. I've yet to become a site sponsor (spent the money on a new Harley) so please no talk about $$$, only discussions. I do have Suncoast's stack in the build up process and hopefully ready for testing in two or three weeks. Please keep this discussion alive and or PM me with any other concerns or ideas.

Man-o-man...are the gears a turning in my head... :evil ... the problem is every person is gonna want a different length, with a different top, with a different diameter.....there for creating 47 different combinations.

subscribed! Will you be doing second gen stuff also? Id love some CF fenders and possibly bedsides....

Someone is working on a CF bed stack, I'm sure he could do a hood stack as well.

It can be done but let’s get some testing done on the bed stack to make sure it will hold up then we’ll move on to some testing on the hood stack...I myself have some doubts for a hood stack but until proven wrong...game on. I have the parts 2/3rds fabbed up. I found a crack in one of the molds, needless to say it had to be fixed before I could use it.
I will be doing Gen II at some point, Gen III will be first as soon as I can get to it.

Here is one half of the CF exhaust stack. I know you have been wanting to see something so here it is. Please remember this is unfinished and right out of the mold so it looks a little rough.

Attachments

• 20111013 174.jpg
    20111013 174.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20111013 175.jpg
    20111013 175.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 0
  • 20111013 176.jpg
    20111013 176.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
I'm having trouble figuring out what to use for an insulator ...... all the extrusions I'm finding online are either "proprietary" or they want a 1000 pound run. Still searching for answers.......

I'm having trouble figuring out what to use for an insulator ...... all the extrusions I'm finding online are either "proprietary" or they want a 1000 pound run. Still searching for answers.......

Let me do some scrounging around and see if I can find some phoneolic.

Back