Clutch

Mwyant 00

Im in need of a new clutch, so im looking for some opinions. The truck is going to be a daily drive and pulling a boat on the weekend. Im not looking to set any hp records with the truck but will prolly run a smarty. I have driven a few trucks that have dual discs in them and they were hard as hell to shift, so im a little scared of those. I also want it to be easy for the wife to drive.

the new diaphragm clutches are sweet very smooth they are not made for sled pulls or drags just heavy towers and hp street trucks,dyno truck

The prices on the Valair clutches are about a 1/2 of the price of a SBC, thinkin that may call them and talk with them about what they would recomend. I think i read in a few post were they have good costumer service.

Last edited:
valair is what i run and i have had no trouble customer service rocks

I am looking at getting a Dual Disc sometime this summer. I talked to one of the Valair guys at TS and he got me pretty interested. I dont need anything too heavy.. just plan on pulling a trailer a bit, might hook up to a sled a couple times otherwise just street driven... i dont want a SBE so dont suggest them. I was looking at the Haisley's Street Puller. But when the Valair guy quoted 900 for a dual disc it has me thinking...

almost all the double disk clutches these days are just as easy as stock.. mines maybe a little just a tiny bit harder then stock with my SBC DD

i have a sbc dd in my tuck the clutch i have is bigger than what you need. just put a sbc dd 3200 plate load in my cousin tuck he has a 24 ft trailer that he pulls on the weekends and the clutch is working out good. i have never had any problems with the clutchs that we have in our trucks. just though i would give you my advice

south bend con OFE.

I pulled one out of my truck after 80k miles, 659hp without slipping. Smooth shifting.

Can't go wrong unless you plan to sled pull.

-jp

i would call the manufacturer, and tell them your hp and tq and what your going to do with the truck. i'll bet they will give you a recommendation.
Dan
or send me a pm with that info.

the reason valair is cheap is the lack of quality. and i can prove that with smoke clutches.

Hmmm thats funny, I have over 26 hooks on my 3800 and Alot of street abuse for the past year and a half and its still to let me down. To each his own I guess, but I know where my money goes.

what a dumb statement. what is your reasoning for this? there is no negitive about SBC to not want one. your choice is your choice but dont sell yourself short.

There are about 3 guys around here that have had SBC and hated them.. One of them has one in his 06 puller doesn't hook but 10 times maybe in a year and he is on his 3rd SBC.. Another one of my buddies had a SBC in his truck and didn't take long to smoke it and now has a haisley street puller and has 2 years around 30-40 hooks and it is showing the slightest amount of wear.. I

anyone can ruin a clutch if they dont know how to drive, thats not SBC's fault. you dont see the heavy pullers say that they have any issues do you? they all pretty much use southbend. one great example is "Big Bad Dodge"

Back