common rail head on a ppump 24v

jt3436

I now there is some messaging of the head that needs to be done to fit the block but my main concern is the clearence of the ppump. Ive thought about milling off the intake plenum and fabricating something in its place. Has anyone came up with a good way of mounting the ppump or is everyone making relief cuts to the head and welding it back together? Any information about either process would be greatly appreciated because I will be tackling this soon.

Yea post up a pic of your truck, thinking about buying another 2nd gen dually with some 24.5's

Is there much of an advantage running a CR head over a VP if you're gonna cut the intake off anyway?

Iphone062.jpg

ShiftyCapone's engine. I got a nice picture for you Mitch.

Are the any pics of the intake before it was on the truck? I'd like get a better look. I have my block stripped of the head, fuel lines, and injection pump. I picked up my 12v Saturday.

where is the dip stick located? Need to do something with mine. Thing was too close to the hood i guess and snapped off the handle for the dip stick after like 5000 miles.

the CR ports flow a little better than the VP

I figured if you are going through the trouble of cutting off the intake and putting a sheet metal one on, that you'd port the intake side. Is a ported CR any better than a ported VP head?

Just cut a 3x4 area out of the intake were it hits the gov housing, bend an oversized piece to follow the conture of the inside of the intake and weld it..... Straight Butta ask SHughes

Back