Common Rail pumps capable of 30k+ psi?

There are inline two piston common rail pumps ya know...

Let me try and find my notes from when I took and engines class for New Holland. We learned about the pump you are referencing. It is a fuel pump from another app.

edit: Found my notes. Bosch CP2 pump is what it appears to be. Used in big displacement diesels.

Very nice find man. I knew it couldn't be just some joe schmoe hydraulic pump because diesel probably wouldn't have enough lubricity to keep it alive and also how would you regulate volume (and subsequent pressure) well enough to not be dangerous.

With that said, how do you electronically control this foreign beast? Excessive rail pressure and rail hang were big issues the first several years of common rail tuning, and that was with an ECM designed for the CP3.

It looks like it's got an FCA on it. Might have to re-scale a few things but I'm sure it could be done.

Appears to be a CPN5 they are serious, but they can still be drained. Dual CPN5's are tough to match though.

There are inline two piston common rail pumps ya know...

Let me try and find my notes from when I took and engines class for New Holland. We learned about the pump you are referencing. It is a fuel pump from another app.

edit: Found my notes. Bosch CP2 pump is what it appears to be. Used in big displacement diesels.
Oh how I love you....

I never made a fuss because I knew what it was. I swapped a few back in '11 and' 12. Pita.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

The app I have access to is only 500ish HP at 2000ft/lb. Not sure how that would translate on a modded engine.

It is worth pointing out the high pressure water pumps cranking 30k+ without failing.

The app I have access to is only 500ish HP at 2000ft/lb. Not sure how that would translate on a modded engine.

It is worth pointing out the high pressure water pumps cranking 30k+ without failing.

Have any ID # ?

I'm thinking I will tomorrow. Bosch systems on navistars engines

31803a1ce52c2d9541e2cb9aaa0c3cfc.jpg

$1800

We don't have any here atm for me to check Bosch numbers.

e78bb1cb59c666126136ae8d13fb67f8.jpg
2558d3eb8fd261a793e790dac22a5577.jpg

I lied a little.

This pump has an integral lift pump and is 550hp continuous capable. I guess schied knows what it can do momentarily. I asked some questions back on 2011 when I had to swap my first one, no one had much to say. I saw Micah's truck at TS this year and it put a smile on my face. I took pictures of it but I think they got trashed.

Biggy you are far too dangerous with your resources LOL

I like this guy.

So any reason a guy who runs a Zeus or another standalone common rail controller couldn't belt drive on of these and be on their merry way?

500 hp on a big truck engine is worth a lot of fuel on our little engines.

You know, I didn't even see that baby Bosch tag hiding In that one picture.

The thing I'm not clear on is whether or not a sealed front structure would have to be installed on the input side. I think not, but not entirely sure.

Back