Common Rail pumps capable of 30k+ psi?

I'm not so sure he new 16.8L AGCO Power V12 used in the new Challenger tractors doesn;t use a similar option. Basically 2 8.4L inlines 6's stuck together to make a 720hp capable V12, with 2 rails and a pump that looks awfully familiar to these here feeding them.

See if I can't do any more investigation with what limited info I have not being a Challenger dealer.
Chris

Soon a cpn5 kit will be available to replace the cp3, can't give all the details but should be available early next year. :woohoo:

So like jan/feb 2016? any price range given?

Should be testing by then, I'm guessing around $3000. No prices were discussed.

1 of these is equivalent to 4 stock cp3s... Put a price on 4 cp3s and necessary hardware or two stroker pumps. The cpn5 route looks great to me. Or if you want to be insane dual cpn5 :ft:

I just wonder why it took so long?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Should be testing by then, I'm guessing around $3000. No prices were discussed.

1 of these is equivalent to 4 stock cp3s... Put a price on 4 cp3s and necessary hardware or two stroker pumps. The cpn5 route looks great to me. Or if you want to be insane dual cpn5 :ft:

Thanks to DieselheaD for the info. I'd love to buy one of these as opposed to two expensive (and who knows if they are reliable), big stoker cp3s.

Also, let whoever is doing this that we'd love for them to post more on here.

Last edited:
Thanks to DieselheaD for the info. I'd love to buy one of these as opposed to two expensive (and who knows if they are reliable), big stoker cp3s.

Also, let whoever is doing this that we'd love for them to post more on here.

I'm sure he will chime in sooner or later, he's here. He's got a lot on his plate to say the least... In between all the holiday madness he's leaving his current job, relocating to be closer to the farm for his wife, and 2 of his good friends and him are starting their own performance shop. Should be open 1/1/16

Think I found the sigma equivalent of a CR pump. It's off an isx cummins.
25323833140_b05085ca4a_z.jpg

At $21,000 there's no chance I'd be interested unless I hit the lotto. Possibly there was a misprint in the add, who knows.

75lbs in all it's glory

Bosch Cummins ISX & Scania HD/HPI Fuel Rail Fuel Pump. Bosch Part Number B444 550 009 and Cummins Part Number is 2888749NX

Last edited:
Hmm. HD HPI used electronically/hydraulically (solenoids pulsing fuel) controlled cam actuated unit injectors.

Sent from my flashscan v2

Anyone looked into dd15 Detroit pumps?! Common rail Detroit pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dd15 pump is fairly low pressure too I believe. They use amplified common rail injectors (like HEUI but all fuel)

Sent from my flashscan v2

Okay just throwing it out there. Couldn't recall the operation pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At $21,000 there's no chance I'd be interested unless I hit the lotto. Possibly there was a misprint in the add, who knows.

75lbs in all it's glory

Bosch Cummins ISX & Scania HD/HPI Fuel Rail Fuel Pump. Bosch Part Number B444 550 009 and Cummins Part Number is 2888749NX

What application was that in for cummins? I have never heard or read about that

Hydraulic pump capable of 30k+ psi?

I'll see if that's the pump our QSXs have. Might try to check a QSK19 on a deere chopper and Man V12 on Claas 980s

75lbs in all it's glory

Last edited:
26355752435_670ec8509d_k.jpg

Looks like S&S Diesel Motorsports has already played with this "cp9" , on another note it's good to know my cpn5 is good for over 1000hp by itself

Does anyone know if these other pumps can be controlled by the factory ecm or would you have to switch to something along the lines of a bosch motorsports setup?

Back