compound setup

mxracer70

I got hx40 over a ht3b. It makes good boost. I got three gauges to read both boosts and drive pressure. Drive pressure is damn near the same as over all boost. Max I've seen is 60 but the hx40 is only putting out 20. I've checked for boost leaks and checked the waste gate. done some research. Lookin for some opinions

e10e3428a545bcf69d86fc96a319127b.jpg

I like it. Good work man!

Lots of guys here have compounds and have played with many setups. What are you looking to do? I'm assuming you're not towing much with it, and I'm guessing you don't want slow spooling big power. Are you looking for a quick spooling setup then for off roading?

Whats the 3bs exhaust housing size? If its a 32cm you can find a 28cm. That will help some but will cost you a increase on drive. Is it a single or duel entry volute?

Last edited:
It's a 26cm open and the hx40 is 16cm housing. I just feel it should spool faster and make a little more.and thanks everyone for the help so far. I new to this compound business

I heat wrapped everything and used a blanket on manifold and turbo. Helped alot. What afc spring are you using? Does it smoke alot on the low end? I had to machine afc top to help with lowend fueling as in too much. It was too much fuel hurting spool and a smokey pig. Im using BD fuel pin. A hot screw power screw, stock was too short for full fueling. And this afc springhttp://www.thehungrydiesel.com/Stronger-AFC-Spring-Stronger-AFC-Spring.htm I guess you have a large air filter, that gonna need alot of air. hope this helps

Back