Concrete cowboy killer

silentone3389

i have a 01 ram 2500 24v with aem, fass 150 and a smarty, built tanny other than that its all stock.

im looking for 600hp to stomp all of these fords and chevys that i see rollin around with lifts and big shiney tires and think that there trucks can roll out on everything

sorry can add much more info, i posted on cummins forum and heres the link of what they posted, just wanted to see what yall thought

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-performance-parts-discussion/224585-concrete-cowboy-killer.html

Glad to see you took my advice and came over here... I think you'll find CompD more useful than CF.

are you just wanting the truck for a toy or for it to be an all around daily driver

It can be done, just depends on how much cash you have. I've seen a smarty/drag comp, 200+ JR's, and 64/14 lay down high 500's and I've seen a truck with way more put down about the same.

You better watch out for some of these Fords...they might roll out on YOU. :poke: LOL

You better watch out for some of these Fords...they might roll out on YOU. :poke: LOL

I think he meant the Fords that didn't have Cummins conversions... and he said lifts and big tires, so don't get all excited, you have neither. LOL

Jamie, Cummins724 put down 611hp/1141lbft with his 99. Drives it every day and tows with it.

Going for the same high 5's to 600 myself I should be close with the parts i have on my other thread except I am going to get a cam as well. So check out my other thread and would give ya some idea of the parts needed I think.

and yes it will be used for dd as well as a toy, and yes i am aware of the high cost of it all but i already got one of the more expensive items out of the way: tranny. hopefully everything else will will be down hill from here

i agree the transmission is expensive, but Ive seen 20k plus long blocks. if you think the transmission is the end look around a bit.

and yes it will be used for dd as well as a toy, and yes i am aware of the high cost of it all but i already got one of the more expensive items out of the way: tranny. hopefully everything else will will be down hill from here

The trans is pretty much the most expensive part, but once you go through a couple of them, pay for twins, quality injectors, a few VP44's or a P-pump swap, and tons of other nickel and dime stuff it gets old. I say P-pump it with good injectors and a big single if you dont tow. If you do tow go with twins.

I would go with....

1. 220-250HP Injectors (Mach 6 or 7's are my preferrence)

2. 66mm Turbo or a twin setup(depends on budget) scroll to the bottom page of this link for an example of a 66mm charger http://www.industrialinjection.com/id42.html

3. ARP Head studs - will hold 50psi for a while but an o-ringed head will be in the future

4. Edge Drag Comp Box... best SMOOTH power box on the market. (I would not run the Smarty, unless you have your trans builder work on the valve body to compensate for the hard low end fueling without much TV cable travel.

5. BD Speed Eliminater (eliminates TQ management so you can do boosted launches.

That setup will get you into the 12's and should be anywhere from 580-620HP depending on what mood your VP44 is in.

Last edited:
the valve body was set up from suncoast i told them what i had on my truck and the hp i was tryin to achieve

and as far as p-pumpin goes, im just not that into the whole mech. thing for some reason, idk why just aint my cup of tea

101-box_m.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARP-Diesel-Head-Stud-Kit-Dodge-Cummins-24V-247-4202_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5884c1fee1QQitemZ380184428257QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Back