Conversion Injector

tank21pa

Operation Tow Rig!!
What is the suggested spray angle for a ppump 24 valve running 35 degrees timing?

Thanks ahead of time Matt

Just squeeze the end of the injector in a collet to tighten up the pattern, or use a bowl flaring tool to open up the bowl.

Stock sovp bowl. I am wondering what it is without changing bowl width.

Thanks

With stock so pistons and an average set of aftermarket vp injectors in a p pump conversion, how many degrees of timing can you advance befor your getting out of the bowl with the spray pattern? Im gonna be in the same boat. Planning on running in the 30s for timing also.

With stock SO pistons and an average set of aftermarket VP injectors in a P-pump conversion, how many degrees of timing can you advance before you are getting out of the bowl with the spray pattern?

~26°

Cummins application, with 0.120" off the top, good luck running anything over 20° static with 153° nozzles.

Like what? Are you talkin cummins applications or something like Aries pistons? If your talkin Aries then how about you front me with a sponsership.LOL
Modifying the bowl is an option. I have no source for injectors so the bowl has to be modified to fit what's available. Adding a few mm's to the bowl on the CNC lathe(bowl flaring tool) is rather simple. The stock piston has the steel insert for the top ring(good to have).

Ok smokem, the cam requires .120 valve reliefs and im lookin for around 14 to 1 compression. Would just the valve reliefs get me there and still allow 35 degrees timing with the right 140* injectors?

Tim

Back