converting 99 24 valve to 12 valve problem

I understand everything but you lost me in the last sentence "similar bracket on govener lever."

And so the TV cable is the cable running to the transmission, what does TV stand for?

Like kleann said, bolt the aluminum piece back onto the steel bracket. The assembly will bolt up where I showed you above. As kleann said, you will need to get a bracket to bolt or weld (the bellcrank is VERY hard and hard to drill) to the bellcrank where I drew the yellow box, with a hole where the green dot is for the heim joint to connect to for the linkage rod to connect to the governor lever on the P-pump. You will also need a similar bracket to bolt to the existing lever on the governor lever.

Click on the link and underneath the picture it says "click to enlarge". A different picture pops up that may better help you understand.
24 Valve P-Pump APPS Kit

Tv stands for throttle valve, I think.

Ok I got the idea. didn't get to work on it today. Should be back on it tomorrow.
Thanks fellas for all the help. I guess you know it really pulls a person out of a pit to get this kind of help.

when bolting this bellcrank and mounting bracket to the inj pump I had asked if the cables need to be taught.
what I was trying to ask is where the boot of the cable clips into the mounting bracket for instance the accelerator cable in that square hole. Would it be ok if there is some slack in the cable between the boot and the fire wall?

Last edited:
Here is the thing with the fuel shut off solenoid. The guy had already sold it before I got the motor so I ordered one, this one. 94-98 DODGE DIESEL FUEL SHUT OFF Solenoid Fix Kit, 3" bolt spacing | eBay

It has three wires and on the harness that came with the motor is the plug I can clip out and wire up.
I'm not sure how to wire this up correctly. Can you help me out with this?

(((I'll need to pull a wire from a 5amp fuse in the fuse block under dash to the fuel shut off solenoid relay and another to the starter signal wire.
question: Do I run that wire from the starter to the fuel shut off solenoid or starter to the same 5 amp fuse? ))))

There ya go. Thanks kleann. I was bouncing back and forth with my wiring diagrams trying to type something up and saw your post.

Great! thanks man.
I'm close!

I was reading posts in this thread and saw where chevycummins said he switched out his 24v for a 12v last weekend.
Just like snap*

One last thing is the cable I asked about. Big Papa by all cables need tight tension you were referring to the cable inside the cable jackets right?
It is not necessary to have the cable and jacket snug from the boot back to the firewall is it?

man if it had not been weeks now I would be a little more familiar with this stuff.

you were referring to the cable inside the cable jackets right?
It is not necessary to have the cable and jacket snug from the boot back to the firewall is it?

Correct.

chevycummins said he switched out his 24v for a 12v last weekend.

A P-pumped 24V with the cam sensor, and
the front housing was already modified for the cam sensor. so the one thing i had to do was use the 24v cam and put it in the 12v motor.

I still don't think it was done in one weekend, but he didn't say he did, either.

Last edited:
His truck is also a cam sensor truck which makes things faster/easier.

I used 1 inch channel then re-bent the linkage. I may make an L bracket some other time but I don't think this turned out to bad.
I also cut the hole for the little himen ball thing with a little plasma cutter I picked up real cheap. Man that thing comes in handy.
I guess that piece is stainless because you sure were right it is a pain to drill, not one bit would touch it.

Now for this shut off vavle

Attachments

• 1inchchannel.jpg
    1inchchannel.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 0
  • rebent linkage.jpg
    rebent linkage.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You guys know where this wire hooks up?
it is right in the junction where the vp44 electrical connectors come out for the vp44

Attachments

• where does this cable connect.jpg
    where does this cable connect.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Here:

ground.jpg

Thank you. That is a ground for something, for the vp44?

Last edited:
Sorry Kleann is right it goes to the fuse box I had removed it when I started pulling the wire harness as I thought i was going to replace the whole harness and start it up.

questing about the shutdown wiring.
By pull wire on the starter they are referring to the small thin wire on the small post not the large thick cable that runs to the battery correct?

Last edited:
do you know what guage?
instruct says same as on solenoid but which solenoid there are three in the discussion.
The wire off of the shut off is a big guage while the wire off of the starter is very small

Last edited:
Then use the large wire that is on the plug coming off of the shut off valve.
I just thought it would have been the small size like the post on the starter.
Thanks

Last edited:
Back