CR Exhaust Manifolds

if I were to do it again I would have stuck withthe stocker with the 64, ended up needing second gen one later on any way when I went twins........

if I were to do it again I would have stuck withthe stocker with the 64, ended up needing second gen one later on any way when I went twins........

Why would you have kept the stock manifold with the 64? I am still new to diesel performance, and so many people have said that the manifolds were a good improvement. I understand needing the 2nd gen for the twins, but for a single, what makes the stock manifold a better option?

better spooling than a lot of the after market manifolds

Most of the guys running stainless manifolds have claimed that they spool as well if not better than the stock manifold though. Maybe they are only saying that to help them justify what they paid for it though. I was told by many that the stock manifolds were know to crack, and I dont want to have to go back into this to replace it if/when it does. I would rather do it all now and be done with it, so that was the route I took. I guess we will see how it works out next week.

2nd gen manifolds have been known to spool faster and aid in cooler egts as well as a nice tone for our raspy sounding CRs. Don't sweat it though, its all good. It will be a decent combo for a direct bolt on part.

2nd gen manifolds have been known to spool faster and aid in cooler egts as well as a nice tone for our raspy sounding CRs. Don't sweat it though, its all good. It will be a decent combo for a direct bolt on part.

Thank you. Is there any truth behind the stainless running cooler and spooling a little quicker?

I'm not positive on that, i don't think it will anything you would really notice. Stainless will dissapate the heat faster and cool faster, doubt you would see 50* difference though.
If its spool and cool egts were NEEDING then i would start lookin for a 2nd gen manifold. I'm not really a fan of 64mm turbos, seems guys always have issues with egts. Go 62 for spool with a fairly stock setup or go big air with some big mods and sacrifise some spool. You will have a nice turbo for future twins though.

Last edited:
Back