Crank lightening

Subbed, I'm really impressed by the factual parts of this thread. How did you turn the counterweights? Or did you have live tooling and use the lathe to index it?

For rough cut I was using an die grinder, then lathe to turn it down much as possible, and finally upper mill to give the final shape.

Timo

Timo, glad to hear you are OK.

I was very happy to hear that the crank lightened and balanced great. I did one way less extreme than yours and it worked fine as well. Faster rev and just as smooth.

Best to you buddy.

Scott.

600 miles done with the electric pump and it's seems to be working really well. Today I hauled 2500kg/5500lbs trailer for 125miles. Outside temps were around 20C/68F. Part of it was city driving and rest just highway with moderate hills. While in city, stop and go traffic, the pump turned up two more steps than on highway driving, but never went to full power with fans. On highway while doing a long uphill, it occasionally turned the pump one step higher speed than with an empty truck. I was expecting the pump to turn up the power more with the trailer, but most of the time it was staying same as the truck alone. After the first week of testing, I turned off the boost mode and raised the target temp to 185F. Those settings seems to working best at least in my case.

Timo

1000 miles and all good. Today it was 82F and the pump kept the temps in control just nice.

Timo

Last edited:
Keep it going! You needed to drive it more, and beat on it a little bit!
You know fast track testing!

I would assume he's not going to update anything unless is breaks so until then its pointless to ask every month "any updates".

I would assume he's not going to update anything unless is breaks so until then its pointless to ask every month "any updates".

That's right. Nothing to update, it's garaged until spring. Working with a friends buildup, which is going to take a next few months before done.Then I could lay me hands on the burban again.

Timo

Back