Cummins Info

I guess you missed the part about a front mount turbo. That adds money and time. They won't just drop in strait out of a truck. Now I know a cummins won't also because of size but if Joe farmer put one (Cummins) in a S-10 I would have to say it will go in most cars.

You are right Jeff, if you are willing to do the work anything fits.

Shoe horn meet Corvette
IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1174_zps2d1c6d90.jpg

vette9-1.jpg

Just remember GREG, you said the Corvette would never work.

Last edited:
Any chance you would want to trade that vette for everything I have in my possesion? Car, trucks,quads, girlfriend... plus cash? Very sharp! Would love to see it in person someday!

I guess you missed the part about a front mount turbo. That adds money and time. They won't just drop in strait out of a truck. Now I know a cummins won't also because of size but if Joe farmer put one (Cummins) in a S-10 I would have to say it will go in most cars.

Any chance you would want to trade that vette for everything I have in my possesion? Car, trucks,quads, girlfriend... plus cash? Very sharp! Would love to see it in person someday!

You'd have to talk to the owner of the car. I just beat on it and bleed on it. As far as seeing it in action someday, only time will tell how far it travels.

But back to the OP, don't be afraid of the size of a 5.9, they are cheap to allocate, cehap to make mild power on, and extremely reliable.

I will give credit when credit is due! Did some measuring on the stang, Greg is right the Dmax will fit easier. With out cutting the firewall or cutting the floor pans with a th400. Greg has been helpful on info with this build. I just don’t know if the Dmax is right for me! Meaning cost,ecm programming ( that I know nothing about). Greg thanks for all the help and info!!

You'd have to talk to the owner of the car. I just beat on it and bleed on it. As far as seeing it in action someday, only time will tell how far it travels.

But back to the OP, don't be afraid of the size of a 5.9, they are cheap to allocate, cehap to make mild power on, and extremely reliable.
I will agree with that! The mustang I have is in really good shape, I just hate to cut the firewall back 10”. But on the other hand they only made a million of them so! I have all was liked the cummins, it’s a work horse for sure!!

I will agree with that! The mustang I have is in really good shape, I just hate to cut the firewall back 10”. But on the other hand they only made a million of them so! I have all was liked the cummins, it’s a work horse for sure!!
A 4bt can make some decent power too.......

ouch! lol i seen the piping leading to it i thought you had a little mini intercooler in there or something, but then again that could be the beer goggles.

idk anything about 4bts, what kind of power is to be had with them and for what kind of money?

Basically take what power a 6bt is making with similar mods and multiply that by 2/3.

They use the same pumps (VE or P7100), have the same bore and stroke, use the same injectors.... as far as I know they are identical except for the fact that they have two less cylinders.

Basically take what power a 6bt is making with similar mods and multiply that by 2/3.

They use the same pumps (VE or P7100), have the same bore and stroke, use the same injectors.... as far as I know they are identical except for the fact that they have two less cylinders.

Bingo!

Wanted: tapatalk signature

Not really , the 4bt will shake like a paint shaker. I know of one company that shook 2 dynos apart working on tunes for UPS.

the Dumax is not as expensive as you would think, the compleat stand-a-lone is around $1500 with a reman ECM.

I have been buying dmax motors for between $1000 and $2000 depending on condition.

I have bought over 10 of them in the past 4 years while working on the different programs.

Not really , the 4bt will shake like a paint shaker. I know of one company that shook 2 dynos apart working on tunes for UPS.

the Dumax is not as expensive as you would think, the compleat stand-a-lone is around $1500 with a reman ECM.

I have been buying dmax motors for between $1000 and $2000 depending on condition.

I have bought over 10 of them in the past 4 years while working on the different programs.

Don't need a program for a p-pumped 4BT.....

A member here has one with trips and a 13mm pump......

We ALL know you would be pushin the d-max, being it the latest flava of the month for you.

There is a guy that runs at a track near me sometimes with s rat rod IH pickup running 11s. I want to say it is a s366 and hy35 compounds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Don't need a program for a p-pumped 4BT.....

A member here has one with trips and a 13mm pump......

We ALL know you would be pushin the d-max, being it the latest flava of the month for you.

it just makes sense , not having to cut a car in half just to make a point of putting a Cummins in it The Dmax will be the engine of choose in any realistic car build. It is also 300 to 400 lbs. lighter.
The people I am helping now want AC and a real smoke free 500 to 600 hp.
A stock Dmax with stock turbo and stock injectors, with tuning will make that easily.
To take a 12 valves and make that kind of power with the stock parts, , meaning the stock turbo, stock injectors and stock pump , the results is a smoke show, that is far from acceptable in the street car community.
The simple tune makes for daily drivers that will achieve 30 to 40 mpg.
The cost is about the same for a 12 valve as a Dmax, if you going to put a Cummins in use a CR anyway there are one wire ECM conversions out there that are easy to install.

Back