D150 2wd cummins build

12VALVEADAM

Motivated
Alright so here is my new project truck for next year.. Its a 91 sclb dodge 150.It has a 318 and a std 4spd. I had the turbo setup about halfway done then realized that, I like diesels alot more. So that being said this is what I have planned:

built 12v thats in my other truck now
full manual 47rh, or 47re not too sure yet
Full cage
back half it, 4 link panhard bar coil overs
fuel cell
28/12.5/15 slicks (already had those on the truck)
Gut the interior, dash, everything.
It weighs 4k with me and bed full of junk. probably 4500-5000# with done
Add more as time goes on...

Now my question is about the rear 4 link setup. I have seen alot online and only a few in person. Is the 4 link panhard bar the best setup for a one purpose drag only truck? Or somthing like the watts setup?

The end goal for this build is to be in the 9s... Now weather that is in 10 years thats still the overall goal lol The way i figure If the truck weighs in around say 5k I need roughly 1000rwhp or so.

I have been looking at parts and have some coming already. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts and what you would suggest!! Will post pics soon, not much to look at yet but pics help.

[ame="http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/Adam_Mickaliger/?action=view&current=WP_000249.jpg"]WP_000249.jpg picture by Adam_Mickaliger - Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/Adam_Mickaliger/?action=view&current=WP_000533.jpg"]WP_000533.jpg picture by Adam_Mickaliger - Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd473/Adam_Mickaliger/?action=view&current=WP_000565.jpg"]WP_000565.jpg picture by Adam_Mickaliger - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Weight will be your friend...make it as light as possible! My 89 weighed 4850 w/o driver, with the 727, and I figure the lock-up trans put maybe 100 pounds on that. That's with a bench seat, steel wheels, truck tires, etc. I think if you really tried you should be able to get down to 4000-4500.

I was looking at it today, and there is alot of crap that can be trimmed off. Im thinking your right I can keed it around 4-4500#

My shortbed is 4300 with me in it so its dang close to 4000 and that is with a D70 rear and steel wheels.

Sounds a lot like my project

Look forward to seeing updates :pop:

Looks like a fun project. On your pictures if you copy and paste the "direct link" the pics will show up in the tread instead of the box. Just helping good luck on the project.

Looks like a fun project. On your pictures if you copy and paste the "direct link" the pics will show up in the tread instead of the box. Just helping good luck on the project.

I tried that, but it just copied the words

I just saw the other section lol Now what are you using for engine mounts?

I'm not sure yet...probably modify the mounts from the donor truck as required to mate up with the 81' frame/cross-member. I'm still a ways from that point :lolly:

I'm not sure yet...probably modify the mounts from the donor truck as required to mate up with the 81' frame/cross-member. I'm still a ways from that point :lolly:

First gen mounts are easy and only require drilling one hole and opening up a slot.

No factory block and motor mounts from a 1st gen Cummins. Buy a good set of poly isolators.

Back