dana 80 axles

well now saying you have broke them alot I would make sure everything is perfect int he housing before spending the big bucks or if you have big bucks def. buy them it will be worth it in the long run.

I dont know how differnt the Ford D80 is then the Dodges but I have been on my stock 35 splines for two years now. 260k miles on them, bouncing like hell and probably over 75 hellacious hooks on them. I keep expecting them to break but they never do. They do have about 180 deg of twist in them but they have been that way for along time.

I think the fords are 37 splines, which is like a 1.625"

well now saying you have broke them alot I would make sure everything is perfect int he housing before spending the big bucks or if you have big bucks def. buy them it will be worth it in the long run.

3 different trucks 2 single wheels 1 dually 2 with stock turbo 1 with a 2.5 same problem.

dang, where do you guys pull in ohio? You like dumping clutches??? lol I would say if you have the extra cash then go ahead and buy them. I just thought it could be something else.

dang, where do you guys pull in ohio? You like dumping clutches??? lol I would say if you have the extra cash then go ahead and buy them. I just thought it could be something else.

no dumping clutch just driving its not always the axles. i droke mine pulling about 20 feet off the line the spider and 1 of the side gears shattered. beatty broke the dana 80 in his 01 twice on the street. there not as tough as youd think.

maybe thats the problem your running a welded diff. on the street.

The older ones are like the pre 99 Superdutys but the 99 ups seem to be 35 spline. I know my 02 has 35 splines in it.

THE F-350 W/ DANA 80'S ARE 1.5" 35 SPLINE....THE 37 SPLINE AXLES CAME IN THE F-450'S W/ DANA 80'S.

THE ONLY PROBLEM W/ THESE 37 SPLINE AXLES IS THAT THE SPLINE ANGLE IS FLATTER SO THE SPLINES WON'T HOLD AS MUCH OF A LOAD.

Back