DDP 90's went in and now have a rattle, need advice

don, if the Mike at the end of your first post up there was to me, I would find it extremely difficult to get my injectors to you, my truck is a daily driver, but if there is any info you can share with Marco that perhaps he could gain insight from, by all means share what you can, as long as you don't compromise secrets. Not sure if it matters at all, but I did pay to get my injectors flow matched to within 5% , closer to 3 but whatever, and this was done on bodies, not just bare nozzles.

This is what Les has said in the other SSR thread in " Smarty Power"
Looks like something can be done through the SW.

Mine in particular...no. I have SSR tuned a early 04 with small nozzles that rattled like crazy, but with SSR it's all but gone, some with timing but most was removed with LLD. Seemed to be a fuel knock more than timing rattle.

Also tuned a truck with 180hp injectors that had a HEAVY fuel knock under load (especially on the dyno) and again duration on the LL side played a key role in reduction of the rattle.

I've been able to tune that particular truck from a smokey rattely, pain in the arse to drive to a mild mannered, fairly clean and quiet 800hp sled puller.

All with SSR....

I can vouch for that. My old "90's" never rattled...put my new big injectors in and rattled like crazy off boost.
Couldn't get it completely gone with TNT-R but with SSR with LL duration set to stock and LL timing a hair below stock it's completely 100% gone.

that's hopeful, and good, but great would be something to do for guys with a standard , non pod s06......... guess its time to find a pod for a good price so I am at least ready hardware wise.........

Rattle when cold and lowered compression might be the issue, but I would still try and tune it out on my end.

Right now, I am covered up. This thing has consumed my life like never before. Its 7 days a week until I simply cant move, followed by a crash of at least one day, maybe two. I am knocking a huge dent in these back orders though. Once I clear them, lets get to work.

Anyone else have a stock compression truck with rattle?

Let me know if you want to take a look at them. my truck is NOT a DD so if it takes a few days to go over them that is fine. Just would prefer not to have them gone for weeks at a time. Rob

Rattle when cold and lowered compression might be the issue, but I would still try and tune it out on my end.

Right now, I am covered up. This thing has consumed my life like never before. Its 7 days a week until I simply cant move, followed by a crash of at least one day, maybe two. I am knocking a huge dent in these back orders though. Once I clear them, lets get to work.

Anyone else have a stock compression truck with rattle?

I have a stock compression '05 motor in my truck and it started rattling like crazy when I installed Flux 2s. It's the same symptoms people are describing. Hot motor, low RPM, and low boost. I was hoping EFI Live would solve my issue.

Has anyone with the rattle gone to the extreme and tried to run the truck with stock software, to see if it is related to the injectors themselves, or the injectors and the smarty programming combined that is the cause? this information would possibly help Don and Marco on each of their quests for the cure.

Can anyone shed some light as to why my truck only has the rattlr once the truck is up to operating temps and is silent as a mouse when its cold??

Can anyone shed some light as to why my truck only has the rattlr once the truck is up to operating temps and is silent as a mouse when its cold??

Cold cylinder won't cause that larger pilot shot to detonate like a hot cylinder will...

The hotter is gets, the worse the conditions get inside the cylinder for that early low pressure pilot shot.

my guess

Last edited:
Cold cylinder won't cause that larger pilot shot to detonate like a hot cylinder will...

The hotter is gets, the worse the conditions get inside the cylinder for that early low pressure pilot shot.

my guess

I'd be more inclined to think that pilot injection timing changes as engine temp rises which in turn causes this rattle. Diesel takes more pressure to combust than what's present at the time of pilot injection.

if there isn't enough compression at that time, why the fook do they inject it? as a few guys stated it happens with stock programming, so take that idea and loose it. come on, how many degrees prior to the main injection event is the pilot? I do not think it is that much of a difference that the compression/ temp hasn't risen enough to ignite the fuel.

Well you guys can add me to the list of people this has happened to! I installed my EH 70% nozzles this afternoon and have the rattle off idle just like you guys are describing. Power is great but it does sound terrible starting off at stop lights and such. Im running TNT and an MP-8 for programming.

Well you guys can add me to the list of people this has happened to! I installed my EH 70% nozzles this afternoon and have the rattle off idle just like you guys are describing. Power is great but it does sound terrible starting off at stop lights and such. Im running TNT and an MP-8 for programming.

Get used to it...

Sorry man

Back