DHRA Houston

Knock, Knock anyone home......
Anymore Baytown talk, sure been quite for a National event. Is there usually a big fan or crowd turn out for these functions? Less than a week away-
Are we goin to put on a smoke free show, for em or what.

Smoke-free.... NOT! :hehe:

Prepare to harvest plenty of Coal-Boogers... :st:

Ya what he said!

Smoke-free.... NOT! :hehe:

Prepare to harvest plenty of Coal-Boogers... :st:

I couldnt afford enough nitrous to keep mine from smoking, :hehe:
I plan on giving it a shot though...:nos: 2 or 3 shots maybe:hehe:
Lets soot the place up guys! Got another gear set on order, broke another this week, its a juggling game on parts breakage and HP, damn cummins.:hehe:

Nope wasnt time to get one this week, im going to try another brand gear this time though, many people in the bussines swear that the seasoned "ford" gears are the strongest of any of the reg. 28 spl gear sets??? Dont know, ive been trying them and theve been failing, im going with a new set this time to see for my self. Its a boxed house brand that they say is a Strange gear in thier package? And yes im going with a taller ratio, to try and help keep in the sweet spot of the factory camshaft, but this will still not allow for a full 1/4 pass under power be no means. If these fail, i will def. go with a Pro Gear, i just hate to have to change out the good moly yoke and pinion support again, acually i think maybe this big bearing support might work either way [28 spl vers 35 spl] depending on the bearing used? Cant remember, ive never set up or ran a pro gear. Anyways...
Ryan

Ryan, call Ron Hill at Pyle Bros. Differentials down in Baytown. He can answer your questions and help get you going in the right direction so you can stop being so proficient at changing gears. Oh and he is my dad by the way!

Thanks

Ryan, call Ron Hill at Pyle Bros. Differentials down in Baytown. He can answer your questions and help get you going in the right direction so you can stop being so proficient at changing gears. Oh and he is my dad by the way!

We'll do and thanks! Changing rear gears shouldnt be part of a weekly maintance program:doh:

we will see how this turns out you never know with dr. p i have yet to get my free cetane booster from them and that was months upon months ago

I think we were the only one, my brother in law ended up pulling my trailer down there with his 07.5 Cab @ Chassis to get the delete instaled. He drives a ton and is reporting back to them regularly with milage and such data. The milage is going up but not sure the numbers yet, power is better, i know Bruce went to thier shop and they dynoed before and after a couple things, i believe thier also testing a very mild pressure box for milage also. I do know they said the factory clutch was slipping badly afterwards, Bruce is getting a clutch very soon and i suppose they will get together and re test. He said the biggest noticable diff. is it not wanting to stall anymore easily with the standard tranny, he pulls heavy and said after the delete, its much more like driving a 5.9 again, that you can just let the clutch out reg. w/o thought of stalling the engine. ????? Kevin up there is who i believe he is dealing with mostly on this.
Oh thanks again for the offer Alex, it was good to meet yall.
Ryan

Back