DID SOMEONE SAY TORQUE?? Beets our 6bt's to shame.

Never gets old seeing those vids. Bouchard's truck sounds mean as hell at idle. Those western stars are heavy trucks... but maybe thats what helps keep it from twisting?

Wish this would take off in the US. Kinda wierd that it hasn't with trucking having a MAJOR role in daily life for the US.

Still, I'd think 2000 hp would be faster

He probably only has an 800-1000 rpm usable powerband with that thing. Sure, the motor will rev to about 2500, but there's no power gained whatsoever. Probably makes peak power from 1300-2100rpm with the way it's turned up.

Here is an excerpt from 10-4 magazine on the truck:
"We have a client in Quebec producing over 2,000 horsepower in a 550 Cat, and they break their aluminum piston skirts regularly - but they do not burn them. This amazing Peterbilt drag races pulling two trailers loaded with 60,000 pounds of lumber on each one. Pulling 120,000 lbs. from a dead stop, this powerful truck can run the 1/8-mile in 7.7 seconds. On the 3rd shift, the left front tire jumps 36 inches in the air. The truck twists the double frame so hard that it never goes completely back to being straight. If you don’t believe me, check out a recent photo taken of the truck (shown here)!"

he guy joyeux noel from quebec whe are some diesel head from quebecos el mecanos :bang

Here is an excerpt from 10-4 magazine on the truck:
"We have a client in Quebec producing over 2,000 horsepower in a 550 Cat, and they break their aluminum piston skirts regularly - but they do not burn them. This amazing Peterbilt drag races pulling two trailers loaded with 60,000 pounds of lumber on each one. Pulling 120,000 lbs. from a dead stop, this powerful truck can run the 1/8-mile in 7.7 seconds. On the 3rd shift, the left front tire jumps 36 inches in the air. The truck twists the double frame so hard that it never goes completely back to being straight. If you don’t believe me, check out a recent photo taken of the truck (shown here)!"

Where's the photo?

Hi guys :Cheer: ! First, all the guys shown in this thread are from Quebec province and I'm from Quebec city. I know personally a bunch of those guys :rockwoot: Eric Bouchard rig is about 2000 HP and over 4000 LBS of brutal torque :charger: some of those rigs can reach more than 4K RPM and I can tell you, they have way more than 1000K RPM powerband ! Most of those rigs are single charge turbo set-up. During a race weekend, for those guys, it's verry easy to go thrue a bunch of turbo as well, more then 1 for shure !!! They run about 80-85PSI of boost for those who run single set-up and I don't know for those who run twin set up. Eric Bouchard is the king right now and I had worked personally on his turbo set up, to reach what he got now, it took's more then 10 years :bang !!! My friend TurboBast who own TurboMS turbo shop is building his turbo from the bigining. ( you can see the TurboMS race trailer behind my truck in my avatar ) TurboBast is building turbos for more then one of those big rigs racers, and in those races, everything is about secrets ! and I'm not kidding :evil If you guys want to come up to see some races, you guys are more then welcome in Quebec :Cheer: have more questions? no problemo, all try to answer as best as I can :ft: salut tout le monde, joyeux noël pi bonne année !!:Cheer:

Those things sound mean at idle... I was listening to the videos of Bouchard's rig, and of Coga... They both sound pretty mean!! I would love to get up there to see these bad boys run at least once... Canada is an awesome place to spend some vacation time too...

some of those rigs can reach more than 4K RPM and I can tell you, they have way more than 1000K RPM powerband ! Most of those rigs are single charge turbo set-up.

How are they keeping them together? Everything on those motors are massive, the bottom end weighs a ton(literally), how will it not fly apart? And how do they fuel them? Not trying to argue, I'm very curious.

Alright Yes it is amazing on video. But you have to come in August to see it for yourself. It is truly amazing and the beer flows like no other place Ive seen, and the party doesnt stop for 3 straight days. I invite you all to come check it out.

The Coga truck. With all the torque I believe was running a little over 1600HP.

Where is it though? I always hear about it but I don't know where exactly it is. Like a city.

Where's the photo?

The photo is the same as that video.
NovPZpic_fs.jpg

This picture was took at St-Joshef-De-Bauce in Quebec, not far from the US border ! Less then one hour :rockwoot: You also have many other events in Quebec, Matane, Donacona, La-Doré, Nôtre-Dame-Du-Nord and more !! And if you guys come up, you will be impress about the quantity of beer who flow in those events, belive me guys !!! :Cheer:
By the way, the truck who is popping a wheelie is call the COGA truck !

all i can say to that is wow!!!!!! man that is way more then what my dads kw puts out!!! LOL

imagine that happening at a stop light next time you out for some milk and eggs... i would need to clean my seat up

i don't see how that pete doesn't just absolutely break everything from the frame up (i'm sure it does)

It does !!! Last year after the pull who is shown on the video, the frame of COGA truck never went back streight !! It's all crooked now. The frame is almost 4-5 inches higher on the driver side ! That's awesome !!!!

Back