Diesel Funnycar Updates...Karen is off her meds.

John Robinson

Well its the beginning of season 3 for Karen .Our love for one another has grown & she has promised to be a good wife if i would just give her a little more money. :hehe: Karen has put on alot of weight since we got married. Prolly going to break 3100 lbs this year
No more f`in around. Now that we have many of the problems worked through with the car its time to hopefully take it to the mid 7`s. Its a realistic goal & we should have pleanty of power & reliability to get it there. Sooo we call up the good folks at Industrial Injection & ask for help & knowledge. The parts we are running are not exotic one off special order parts. Its all right off the shelf from Industrial & anybody can buy it. The recipe is just a good ole Big brother over a Phat bastard. This setup has been around a long time in the puller world. We are also focusing on spoolup & being able to spoolup the car before we get into the lights. There are now 16 pistons squeezing the rear rotors with a 1 1/8 master cylinder. The head is a Dealers machiene port job & it flows better than anything that Comp has ever seen!!!:hehe: The injectors for the build were the most challenging part for Industrial. They are dual feed 24 valve, Not an easy thing to do but they pulled it off. The fass pump is still working fine so we will leave that alone. The rear end ratio we took back to a 3.40, Didnt like the 3.25 too much. The gear vendor made it all last year without a problem so we are just freshening it up. The Vasco shafts in the powerglide kept on breaking so we stepped it up to a pro mod style pump & solid shaft so that problem should go away. The race pack is getting the new turbo rpm sensors that will read turbo fins & you dont have to notch the shaft. They are easy to install & i dont like the idea of notching out a turbo shaft. I know some do it....I dont want to:hehe: The camshaft is the latest & greatest from F1 AKA Don M. I dont know what grind it is nor do i care. Don M has been grinding cams longer than most. I leave that stuff up to him. Im sure this cam will be more bad azz than anything Comp has ever seen or herd of :stab: Cam war!!. As usual Joe Hellmann will be involved with the bling end of things. Joe & Karen spend alot of time together & talk on the phone alot but sh has assured me that they are just really good friends.We brought a new waste company on board this year that has alot of knowledge & they have brought some good spoolup ideas to the table. Karen has begged & whined for years for one of those fancy wastegates that Chris & Glen make... I guess Karen is just not their type :hehe: Here are a few pics of the new build

"QUEST FOR THE 6`S":cheer:

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 259
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 322
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 258
Here is some more.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 231
damn john can't wait to see you and karen at TS again this year another bottle or crown??

That bottom charger alone weighs what.... 60+ lbs? 3100...:hehe:, Goin' to take her off the bottle? I bet this will help some with spool issues over a single 480. Whats the inducer size on the secondary? Looking good John
Ryan

S 500 on the bottom?
Its a 510 Phat bastard
That bottom charger alone weighs what.... 60+ lbs? 3100...:hehe:, Goin' to take her off the bottle? I bet this will help some with spool issues over a single 480. Whats the inducer size on the secondary? Looking good John
Ryan

We are going to use the bottle for spooling & maybe a little shot . Atmospheric is a 95mm

I told you she was gonna cost you. She's probably not sleeping with Joe.......the Weatherford football team? Probable.

Looking good buddy. Be sure to keep feeding her those that tasty Texas burger.

Not to be a negative nelly, but make sure you don't twist shafts while trying to stage with those turbos lit. Lotsa torque. Or are you going to try and stage at a partial spool and then hit the transbrake?

So, is my name going on your byatch right next to Greg's or what?
sure it will...... It will say built by Jason & Greg

Not to be a negative nelly, but make sure you don't twist shafts while trying to stage with those turbos lit. Lotsa torque. Or are you going to try and stage at a partial spool and then hit the transbrake?
the plan is to be able to have the chargers half lit & then roll in... The trans is rated at over 3000 hp . Time will tell....

Looks good John! Just make sure there are no small children running by when you light it off, they might get sucked into that big-arse turbo!

Back