Diesel Jr Dragster Build

Kantdrive55

Well after years of attending diesel drag racing events having lots of racing for the adults but nothing for the kids we at Supreme Diesel have decided to build a JR Dragster to be piloted by 8 year old Ethan Doble. The car started life as an 8.90 index alcohol engine dragster and is slowly being transformed to run diesel. The car will feature a 10hp diesel engine running a Polar Iindustries custom Jr Dragster clutch system. We have a 2" Roda Deaco positive air shutdown wired in for safety. It gets power from a Odessy dry cell battery. The plan is to debut the car at the NHRDA Canadian Diesel Shootout at Edmonton's Castrol Raceway in August.
We are hoping to see others build cars similar and have the NHRDA adopt a Jr Drag class. Stay tuned for updates

Attachments

• jrdrag1.jpg
    jrdrag1.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jrdrag10.jpg
    jrdrag10.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 0
  • jrdrag9.jpg
    jrdrag9.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Definitely watching this. I plan to get my nephew a junior dragster as soon as he's old enough and had often wondered if there was a way to run a diesel in one. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :D Is this something y'all will be selling eventually? I know I'd definitely check it out if y'all did.

Man I toyed with this idea for a little while but with my girls being 13 and 15 figured they would out grow it to soon. I will love see how this thing works out.

Definitely watching this. I plan to get my nephew a junior dragster as soon as he's old enough and had often wondered if there was a way to run a diesel in one. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :D Is this something y'all will be selling eventually? I know I'd definitely check it out if y'all did.

If the interest was there, we could probably look at having a turn key kit available.

Back