Diesel only mud bog

mudweiser

when is someone going to have a mud bog at one or all of these events. what does everybody think about that. lets see these trucks get dirty.

I'd be all for watching. Noway in heck would I mud my truck though! South Bend would be all for it though. They have a sweet mudder!

when is someone going to have a mud bog at one or all of these events. what does everybody think about that. lets see these trucks get dirty.

Mudweiser, (mans) if guys come on here wanting to run their diesel trucks through the mud pits, we may look at which event we could dig a ditch and fill with water!

Who knows, we could use the pit after we are done for other forms of entertainment:doh:

I'd pay money to watch you mud wrestle, Ron. That would be entertaining!!!!

Is this what you had in mind mudweiser?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGALAVKBmE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlGALAVKBmE[/ame]

that is exactly what i had in mind. dont worry guys its only mud. it does wash off. :rockwoot:

I agree... Mud will wash off a truck! It is funny to me how many guys will build a big bad diesel truck but won't dare let it get muddy!!!! I will run my DMax project truck through the mud once it is done!!! For Sure!!!! It will be fun!!!

I agree... Mud will wash off a truck! It is funny to me how many guys will build a big bad diesel truck but won't dare let it get muddy!!!! I will run my DMax project truck through the mud once it is done!!! For Sure!!!! It will be fun!!!

Actually no it doesn't. And the tie-rod ends, steering box and balance never come back either. Neither do the spring eye bushing, axletubes or anything else's ability to be full of grease instead of sediment. Plus, next time you drop the trans or anything else under the truck... a big old chunk of what just washes right off hits you in the head.... about a zillion different times, in about a zillion different places.

Any of the exhaust or trans pan, oilpan, basically anything hot, gets the mud instantly hardened to it, on the spot, no questions asked.

When I look up under your truck 6 years later, I immediately know this truck has had the sh*t beaten out of it and don't buy it from you when you try to sell it. Course there will be 9 guys right behind me to give you top dollar so don't worry. They can fight the loose play and the nonstop replacing of u-joints, balljoints and carrier bearings, plus listen to all the creaks and moans of all the bushings up under the truck full of sediment.

But the moral of the story is that wheeling a truck doesn't just go away with a quick flick of a water hose. The truck will never be as tight as it was before. You either pick to have a clean, reliable truck, or you wheel the piss out of it. If you choose to do both, get ready for loose play, constant issues with ball joint replacements, tire balancing and just generally shortening the service life of everything.

That's not to say it's not worth it to some, or with certain vehicles. But we shouldn't pretend that you can bog the piss out of a truck and not expect to pay the price back on the street. It definitely doesn't just wash right off.

With that said, I'd be more than willing to drink beer and watch others figure this out the hard way. I'm all for it.

:D

Last edited:
I guess I'm not talking about swamp buggy racing... but just good old muddin for fun! And yes with my trucks I drive them on the street and off road! If you want something that is only for the street get a 2wd or even a passenger car! If you get a 4wd truck don't be afread to get it muddy... especially when we are talking about getting a shot of the truck in a magazine! I have seen many guys wimp out and say they wont let their truck get muddy at all and to me those guys might as well own a Mustang or Camaro 'cause they dont drive their truck like a truck!!!

I'm building my project truck a a prerunner style off-road truck that I intend to do some hard core off-roading with that will likely include jumping and some serious conditions and I will not shy away from mud because I am afraid of it sticking to the transmission pan while it is hot! Power washers can be your friend!!!

Sorry, not going to bury my truck and spend the next 5 years "finding" evidence.
I will however enjoy watching others do it while sitting in my nice clean truck! I have nothing against it nor do I think it's a bad idea for others, just not my truck man.
Oh, if you do it make sure to go in frame deep at least!

ummmm...you guys are lazy then.....because I have no problem going from this...

2007-084WheeinginLouisiana2.jpg

2007-084WheeinginLouisiana18.jpg

OffroadingMarch200915.jpg

to this...

100_9359.jpg

f3329268.jpg

BrakeLinesDEC20088.jpg

All it takes is a case of beer, a gallon of Wesson cooking oil in a bug sprayer, and lawn sprinkler, and pressure washer....and time.

Last edited:
Is the wesson oil for the truck?

Tank you're an animal:rockwoot:

Yup...spray it on before you go in the mud...spray it all over, under,...everywhere...

Then when you are done...the mud nearly rinses right off.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDybUdBajA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPDybUdBajA[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBavCcebGKM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBavCcebGKM[/ame]

one of my buddies standing in couple of the ruts of the aftermath

100_9445.jpg

100_9447.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I'm not talking about swamp buggy racing... but just good old muddin for fun! And yes with my trucks I drive them on the street and off road! If you want something that is only for the street get a 2wd or even a passenger car! If you get a 4wd truck don't be afread to get it muddy... especially when we are talking about getting a shot of the truck in a magazine! I have seen many guys wimp out and say they wont let their truck get muddy at all and to me those guys might as well own a Mustang or Camaro 'cause they dont drive their truck like a truck!!!

I'm building my project truck a a prerunner style off-road truck that I intend to do some hard core off-roading with that will likely include jumping and some serious conditions and I will not shy away from mud because I am afraid of it sticking to the transmission pan while it is hot! Power washers can be your friend!!!

And if you're fine with the fact that your truck will always dump sh*t in your face when you're trying to work on it, as well as the fact that you will be working on it, and spending more in upkeep than me for any given power level, then more power to you.

Some of us don't like taking a perfectly tight driveline, suspension and steering system from perfect, to worn the F out in 5 minutes on a truck we intend to drive on the street all the time.

However, I have always enjoyed watching others beat the sh*t out of their stuff. I get to watch all the madness, but I don't have to be the one eating a dirt sandwich each time I crawl under the truck and I don't have to be the one replacing the same old components and dealing with the worn out sh*t that I don't feel like replacing anymore, like 300 dollar steering boxes, ring and pinion sets, bearings and diff oil.

Been there, done that myself. I now have certain offroad vehicles, and certain onroad vehicles.

gotta agree with Charles! the one time i intentionally took my truck mudding, it ended up costing me $300 just to have it stay driving straight on the road! so instead, i found an old toyota, and now use it instead of my diesel!

but id love to sit and watch someone else rip it up in theirs!! LOL

I guess I'm the flips side....

I wash it shortly after I offroad it(within a week), I don't have worn out parts as someone suggested....and I've driven over 1,000 miles in one trip to Disney Land with the kids...

It all comes down to proper maintenance,...for all those that have found "worn the F out in 5 minutes"...it's because they were like that prior to an offroading excursion, and it's a good thing you found them at a slow speed(offroading), rather than at full speed on the highway.

local fire dept has an annual mud bog that i enter on a yearly basis! the deepest part is 4 feet deep, but its still a blast to run through, or atlest get as far as possible!!!
Like Tank said, always coat the entire undercarriage with some wesson oil, or even "PAM" cooking oil and the mud just drops right off

Bought my truck for work, and play I just wish there were more mud bogs around because its addicting
If something breaks, then you've found a weak link , yo just fix it and play some more

Back