Diesel Power Challenge 2015 Coverage and Discussion

I was just thinking to myself. Drag racing with a loaded trailer is INSANE!

It's a crazy event for sure, but it's a fun one. The trailer is usually around 10,000-12,000 pounds, so figure nearly 18-20K total for most competitors. I've seen 60ft times as low as 2.40's and mph in the 70+ range, which is mental considering the weight. A lot of people I talked to afterwards said that was their favorite event, despite all the butterflies going in.

Edit: That's 1/8th mile mph :)

Anyone that thinks a 6.0 sounds better than a straight 6 is delusional. LOL

CompD needs a like button...

I drove my buddy's 6.0 a few weeks back while he was detailing my mega cab. He swears the tune is stock, and its only intake and exhaust but I will tell you it was quick as hell. Way quicker than my 5.9 with the edge on level 3 where I normally run it. However, the exhaust note was like a wet fart through a train whistle.

Back to DPC, I am rooting for Rick Fox!

Looks like they're running again, I'm wondering how the track will be...

No updates? I'm thinking that means setting up for the drag race?

All mine looked like that and never had one snap. I went back to the 300m and worked on lockup timing and suspension and have not twisted one of the 300m since but I don't make that kind of torque.

What Trans you running

Someone assploded in spectacular fashion during the 1/4 mile drags, not sure who it was.

And we're rained out for today half way through first round. Don't know their plans for making it up.

Rice oiled down the track with 15 quarts of oil when his high pressure charger decided it would reincarnate Swoles rods

Rice oiled down the track with 15 quarts of oil when his high pressure charger decided it would reincarnate Swoles rods

From his Facebook it looks like they blew a hole in the comp cover of his HP charger

He said they were doing single elimination racing because of the rain

It's the low pressure that failed, which probably means they're both junk. They took it to ATS to attempt a repair....

There was no oil put on the track, and yes they are planning to repair and be back tomorrow unless they run into unexpected issues

It's the low pressure that failed, which probably means they're both junk. They took it to ATS to attempt a repair....

Said there was an extra set of turbos, so if no further damage it should just be swapping parts

Back