Diesels on the Mountain update thread

Anyone else see the first burnout contestant? Epic announcer higher IQ comment!! and the owners" that's a duramax right der" comments. LOL

Last edited:
Looks like the elevation is killing the 10.90 guys...just stick a .060 nitrous jet in and leave it on! Brings you back to sea level. Sacrifice your pride for the win! ;)

We lost the converter on the Rapid Diesel truck, but it needed restalled anyway. It spooled surprisingly well with a 1900 stall and a 72 mm turbo on the manifold, after a few nitrous pokes. Its first every pass (Dustins first ever 1/4 mile pass) went 11.18 at 125.6 on street tires. It would be nice to see the 10.9 class stick around (or maybe 10.50).

of all the talk of "changing the face" of the diesel sport, its events like this were a bunch of people who were curious turn brave enough to stage the lights that will shape things. once you get the bug, you just have to feed them parts and information in the right direction.

Yup .. gotta start somewhere & then they are hooked

It was a fun race for sure. The most stout super street field I've ever seen too! The DA was over 7000ft and it was a 9 second field!

The Super Street class was great, 10 trucks and most in the 9's or have been in the 9's this year. Congrats to Derek Rose on his 9.4 pass, nice guy and great looking truck. Also congrats to Wade Minter hitting 150mph. The NHRDA weighed everyone, had multiple witnesses and photos on the scale, right on the return road, if any leg of a record was broken, that was cool.

Gone is the day when you could win by just not breaking. Correct in the D/A was 7700+ and the track got hot and went away. Both Derek Rose and myself lost traction about the 300' mark but both able to stay in the throttle for a great race. I have some cool side by side go pro videos i'll get posted up ASAP

Great Event and great turn out. Thanks to BD Diesel for sponsoring the event also.

Last edited:
60' times were not where they should be but the best I could do with the track conditions.

Attachments

• 9.36 @ 152 mph time slip.jpg
    9.36 @ 152 mph time slip.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
Did a little 4wd burnout tell about half track and lost in the final round of 10.90.

[ame]http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii460/Goosekilla1/6B845BBE-9291-458E-AB1A-22A681C9A924_zpshj68oy0i.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
Damn, that's the longest 4x4 burn out I've ever seen. Way cool, except the losing part.

I get a little wound up still, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxA5cNXZes

I was having brake issues and the peddle was on the floor every run trying to stage. I spoke to the opponents before our races explaining that I'm having a hard time holding it back and that I apologize if I push through the pre-stage light.

I get a little wound up still, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWxA5cNXZes

I was having brake issues and the peddle was on the floor every run trying to stage. I spoke to the opponents before our races explaining that I'm having a hard time holding it back and that I apologize if I push through the pre-stage light.

LOVE the incab shot...makes me feel like I own a 9 second truck minus the expense! my 2 & 4 year old sat with me while I played the video about 30 times :clap:

Back