Does your steering suck?

What is the status on these adapters?

Still doing some testing. Almost ready to release them.

Made a few adjustments and its back on the road again.

Here is a pick with it on the truck.

Test fitting, have to make sure the mounting bolts DO NOT protrude.
CIMG1673.jpg

Final placement.
CIMG1672.jpg

Awesome man. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to seeing more results.

I dont really mind wandering all over with my 12 valve.... Keeps me awake haha!

But passing people get scary cause the truck is all over the place. :doh:

EDIT: also interested!!

Read back a little farther...I think I used a 95 1/2 ton box. There are a few here that are going to try it hopefully they will chime in...

When you swapped boxes did you have to change fittings or the steering shaft or anything along those lines? I know you said the box bolts up just wondering how everything else went?

Give you guys a quick update.

Finally got the position of the gear correct on the frame. I was battling with the steer ahead collar and the engine cross member.

I am going to have the plate CMM'd so I can reproduce them quickly on the digital mill.

Getting close....

Dude, that plate looks like its casted????

And what kinda material are you gonna make them out of?

I would suggest that you guys use the newer 08 or 09 steering boxes they are better thank the 03-07 boxes and there was a replacement item out for the 03-07 boxes due to them locking up when they get to much play.

Do you haev Mopar part number for 08-09 steering box?

It is casted.

Class 30 cast iron.

Damn, I wanna make one out of some 1018 or something. Just depends what we have laying around the shop. Im gonna wait till you get all the bugs worked out before I tackel it. That way if I run into problem I know who to ask:D

my steering gear is fubar i had thought about going to a third gen box or Even a ferd super dootie box them things are big!!

just another future customer :)

Back