DonM F1 Diesel

Wait for the 8620 SAE gas-carburized, Billet Steel cams. Should be ready in a month or so. Super strong, hard as hell lobes ( 60+ rockwell ) and basically unbreakable. Pricing is very competitive. No bushings need to be installed in the block. Direct drop in. Will run on stock tappets as well. No billet tappets needed.

:rockwoot:

Sounds like a winner Don!
I was going to run a similar cam (without bushings/billet tappets etc) but I wanted to be 100% sure things were working out with that application first.
I didn't want to be a guinea pig with a block/engine at stake if things didn't work out.

Last edited:
Wait for the 8620 SAE gas-carburized, Billet Steel cams. Should be ready in a month or so. Super strong, hard as hell lobes ( 60+ rockwell ) and basically unbreakable. Pricing is very competitive. No bushings need to be installed in the block. Direct drop in. Will run on stock tappets as well. No billet tappets needed.

?:hehe:

How will that work don with no bushings. take the bushings out and you have lots of play in the two ends and the block would have to be machined to fit a cam that has all the same size journals ( same as the ends need to be to fill the bearingless ends), so that would not be a drop in cam now would it.:bang

So yea it's a drop in AFTER you bore and machine the cam bores. make sure you touch on that next time you post about your new space age cam design.

Cause it sounded just like a true drop in replacement in your post$.02

How will that work don with no bushings. take the bushings out and you have lots of play in the two ends and the block would have to be machined to fit a cam that has all the same size journals ( same as the ends need to be to fill the bearingless ends), so that would not be a drop in cam now would it.:bang

So yea it's a drop in AFTER you bore and machine the cam bores. make sure you touch on that next time you post about your new space age cam design.

Are you aware that the B blocks only have one cam bushing on #1 journal ?

WOW! you really have no clue to this!
John

Yeah Don.....how dare you make such a claim about your new cam.....like you know what your doing......You should have called those guys first .......you could have spared your self some humiliation.
:umno:

so Don will this be available in the helix 2 and 3???
sounds cool

:wrong:Very nice advertisement, boys, choreographed beautifully, now how about the moderators put this in the F1 forum where it belongs.

I think you better keep your $.02 and apply it to your school loan.:hehe:

See what happens when Wade is continually allowed by this site to post under Robert's username.

MERRIMENT FOR ALL TO ENJOY.:hehe:

LMFAO @ Wade. You are still a "talk first, listen later" type I see.

Robert, there is stil time to sever ties with this asshat and save some reputation.

Metalurgic testing has shown that 8620 has a slight affinity for the cast in our engine blocks. Some have gotten away with running with no bushings, others have not. I can say its not good when the cam and block weld themselves together.:badidea:

Metalurgic testing has shown that 8620 has a slight affinity for the cast in our engine blocks. Some have gotten away with running with no bushings, others have not. I can say its not good when the cam and block weld themselves together.:badidea:

Yes, I agree! Steel gas-carbed steel parts hate cast iron blocks. We worked around the problem and may let the cat out of the bag soon as to how. As the dealers I use know, I dont do anything fast. I have been running one in my truck for 21 months with no adverse problems.

:redx:

Back