Dooah Bonehead

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
We went to putting my tuck back together and getting all the rest of the small things done tonight and was knocking the extra plug out of the block for the twins and........ Well the plug wasn't moving and the on one noce easy tap it decided to come loose and go into the oil pan.
So the build continued and was to the point of starting it but the plug in the oil has me bothered. 1. Not worry about it and hope it makes it to the deep part of pan quickly. or 2. lift engine and drop oil pan and get it out?

Not really sure if its fine or needs to come out now before I go any further? I can't imagine this is the first time its happened or the last just everyones thoughts.

Just a few sayings to live by:poke:

1. An oz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
2. It never seems like you have the time and money to do it right the first time but you have to make the time and money to do it right the second time.

well if it gets whipped up in the hurricane of oil that goes around the crank at 3000 rpm that little bitty plug will rip a rod(s) out in a heart beat

you dont really have a choice - oil pan must come off

This happened to me too. I took a small flexible magnet and fished around till I got it an pulled it up to the hole. Took a needle-nose vise-grip and grabbed it. I forgit the details. But somehow, I manages to yank it thru.
I think I had to bend the plug somehow. Like, screwdriver or somethin. I was just determined to NOT take the pan off!

Just a few sayings to live by:poke:

1. An oz. of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
2. It never seems like you have the time and money to do it right the first time but you have to make the time and money to do it right the second time.

Yes I know I use the second one quit abit. I was trying to get a little hole or spin it so I could yank it out but it didn't want to do that I guess. About the prevention I guess I cold have putt something under it so it wouldn't have fell in.

Thanks for the reply's fellows.
I will try the magnet first tonight I guess and see if I can get it that way first.

Any good numbers on the dyno at beans??? My plug came right out by the way

Just got off the train in stl so im no help either sittin in hotel wishin i could afford some injectors!!!

buy a big rare earth magnet and stick it on the bottom of the pan or get a drain plug with magnet in it and be done with the problem.

I drive thru weeds and stuff to much to take the chance of it being pulled off but that had crossed my mind last night.

i'd get a long flexible magnet... takes time but you can probly get that sucker out.

I would blame the whole thing on Jump and make him do it!

Benn I don't want your engine life span in my truck I have already greatly passed it though.
Jump should have been over doing it but was sleeping. He says leave it in. Guess I can do the magnet thing all day tomorrow till I get mad and just mess something else up.

Back