Dooah Bonehead

drop a washer in a bucket of oil and see if you can shaek the washer up off of the bottom of the bucket. the pickup tube has a screen on it. The likelyhood of it somehow getting mixed up with the reciprocating assembly without the truck being upside down is probably 1 in a million

THats what I was thinking for a while also. The most it might do is slow up or lessen oil pressure if that did happen.Most likely the truck will never know its in there. THe crank don't hit the oil on each pass around as far as I know would make no sense for it to since it has a pressurised system and not a oil bath set up like a small engine. I might be wrong with this all to.

Jump should have been over doing it but was sleeping. He says leave it in. Guess I can do the magnet thing all day tomorrow till I get mad and just mess something else up.

See Jump was sleeping! It's all his fault.

actually it is about 1000:0 bein it will in fact get there and the damage caused by soemthing that small is unbeleivvable - been there wished I hadnt

The oil as it comes down tthrough the motor at 3000 rpm wraps around the crankshaft, till it is too heavy and falls, or is slung away, and it is the slinging, and the hurricane of oil around the crank tha t will scoop up that piece and fetch it up where the crank and rods can hit it

But sure use the magnet if you feel lucky

I could'nt get the stock turbo drain out when i did my twins and ended up breaking the tube at the block and pushing the rest into the pan. I eventually just dropped the pan a little (did'nt jack up the motor) and wedged my arm into the pan and got it. 2 hours i will never get back. But i slept alot better!

actually it is about 1000:0 bein it will in fact get there and the damage caused by soemthing that small is unbeleivvable - been there wished I hadnt

The oil as it comes down tthrough the motor at 3000 rpm wraps around the crankshaft, till it is too heavy and falls, or is slung away, and it is the slinging, and the hurricane of oil around the crank tha t will scoop up that piece and fetch it up where the crank and rods can hit it

But sure use the magnet if you feel lucky

it won't get scooped up if it's in the sump... probably won't get scooped up if it wasn't in the sump

I dropped mine into the pan to. :bang Been almost 6,000miles since. No problems here. Knock on wood. I figured it would make its way into the sump. I kind of thought about it how Forrest thought about it. Isnt really any way it can work its way up when its in the bottom of the sump with the weight of of the oil holding it down. But just let your conscience guide you.

I dropped mine into the pan to. :bang Been almost 6,000miles since. No problems here. Knock on wood. I figured it would make its way into the sump. I kind of thought about it how Forrest thought about it. Isnt really any way it can work its way up when its in the bottom of the sump with the weight of of the oil holding it down. But just let your conscience guide you.

no way, that dude a few posts up said it was guaranteed to destroy your engine! :eek:

:hehe:

Well after a few tries with a small magnet to get it I guess it did go farther back and probally in the sump already. I talked to several people today that build ISB's and the most answers I got from them was leave it the most it might do is get in the way of draining oil so be careful and make sure all the oil is out each time I change it. Fair enough it will stay till it either gets in the way or I melt it down.

Here is what it will look like kind of not done yet.
12.jpg

13.jpg

Mine's been in the pan fo 20,000mi. I like to leave it there so I know where it's at at all times and I won't lose it. I wouldn't sweat it.

Thanks man. Its mostly covered up by the coolant return line from the ATS duals. Looks alot better in person took those with the phone last night.

Did get it fired up today and stuck a couple big magnets to bottom of pan for now.

Back