Drag truck/Street toy build

Thanks for the input man. I'm about to put a s475/83/.90 with a s591. I just didn't know if the 83 turbine wheel was gonna be big enough. Seems like it's working for you though!

Thanks for the input man. I'm about to put a s475/83/.90 with a s591. I just didn't know if the 83 turbine wheel was gonna be big enough. Seems like it's working for you though!

Yea, I love it. I'm running a 50mm gate to keep it happy too. I thought about switching to the 87 turbine but I just love how drivable and quick spooling the small turbine is.

I changed up a few things recently. Switched over to GTX's and a hood stack. Hopefully it'll pay off. I've just got to buy 3 new wastegates now.

I sealed up the single gate port on the SteedSpeed and put one for the front 3, one for the back 3, and one around the primary.

Steed%20holes_zpsr32gqwiy.jpg

Dual%20gates_zpsu3yk75zf.jpg

Hoodstack_zpsljwt6mqk.jpg

Vanity%20ring_zpsvq8wmpvy.jpg

Garretts%202_zpsncqzzzkk.jpg

Garretts_zps5cnyoamb.jpg

Intake through the headlight but not sure how that would look on a second Gen.

Intake through the headlight but not sure how that would look on a second Gen.

I still need my head lights LOL And I'm never running without an air filter again. I trashed a 94mm GTX wheel the one and only time I've ever made a pass without an air filter. I meant what filter system I can run that will flow enough air.

That looks AWESOME! Very clean!

The hoodstack, what advantage should it provide?

The air filter, I don't think there is anything that fits under our hoods that is rated for the flow you have. Gonna have to spray more Nitrous! :)

When you smoked your turbo due to FOD, were you running a screen, or just an open inlet?

That looks AWESOME! Very clean!

The hoodstack, what advantage should it provide?

The air filter, I don't think there is anything that fits under our hoods that is rated for the flow you have. Gonna have to spray more Nitrous! :)

When you smoked your turbo due to FOD, were you running a screen, or just an open inlet?

Less weight...

It was an open inlet, Bakersfield is a decent track at best, the roads off the track are terrible. Lots of loose gravel for sticky slicks to fling up.

Last edited:
I still need my head lights LOL And I'm never running without an air filter again. I trashed a 94mm GTX wheel the one and only time I've ever made a pass without an air filter. I meant what filter system I can run that will flow enough air.

I would give airaid a call, they have a filter that flows 3 or 4,000 cfm and had great customer service when I called

Still lookin good man. You got any drive time with it yet or just waitin till you get it all finished?

Thanks guys. I wanted something light, low profile, and clean. I'll weigh the exhaust but it'll save at least 100lbs.

The turbo was just open when the rock hit it. Cody saw the wheel after it got hit. I felt like I was gonna throw up... I've got a huge Air Raid filter but I was thinking of running 2 of them.

I haven't driven it yet. I should have the gates Thursday or Friday and I'll finish it up and take it for a spin. I still need to get my NHRA license before May 30th so I don't get kicked out again. The chassis is certed to 8.50, I got my physical, now I just need to make the passes.

Metal mesh screen?

I am going to try a soup strainer screen on the dyno and see what the power difference is vs my current AFE filter. I don't think I can justify running a screen on the track though, especially if it's only worth 10-20 hp.

was this thing at the season opener in bakersfield? saw it driving around and i believe parked over at the show an shine, looks like a bad unit. do you have any pics of your turbo bracing for those side by side twins? trying to get some ideas for when my time comes. keep up the good work man!

was this thing at the season opener in bakersfield? saw it driving around and i believe parked over at the show an shine, looks like a bad unit. do you have any pics of your turbo bracing for those side by side twins? trying to get some ideas for when my time comes. keep up the good work man!

Yep, I was there. I was running a remote mounted single and popped the pipe between the manifold and charger. It was a temporary setup until the high pressure charger came in. I had just hoped it would last longer than one pass... LOL

I do have some. I'll try to find them on Facebook. I made an x shaped mount out of 3/8" plate that bolts on where the A/C compressor used to be. Then it's got 1" solid stock that supports the LP charger off the exhaust flange. I'm not a fan of the supports that hold the charger on the oil drain flange.

Back