Drag truck/Street toy build

Thanks, I've been thinking of getting a torchmate plasma table or something similar. The time custom brackets and flanges take are rediculous

I hear ya. Would be awesome to have a CNC plasma table, but the up front cost is a ton, would need to use it a lot to justify it.

Thanks, I've been thinking of getting a torchmate plasma table or something similar. The time custom brackets and flanges take are rediculous

I hear ya. Would be awesome to have a CNC plasma table, but the up front cost is a ton, would need to use it a lot to justify it.

I think on this project it would of paid for itself. :hehe:

Got it torn down and ready to head out for Chrome, Powder Coating, Ceramic Coating, and polishing. Then final assembly.:evil

BE502926_zps5a1789f6.jpg

36321677_zpsd15c5bdd.jpg

Looking good! What coating is going on the exhuast housings?

Just a black ceramic coat on the turbine housings, down pipe, EWG piping and hot pipe. The exhaust behind the down pipe will be powder coated black. The coolant bypass bracket, upper water neck, and EWG line brackets will be chrome. The compressor housings, small charge pipe, lower trans dipstick, W/A brackets, LP turbo support, and intake pipe will all be red.

I think maybe the pictures didn't load on your phone? Or do you mean more pictures?

Talked to my ceramic coater and they talked me into a polished aluminum looking finish for the ceramic coated parts. They said that is their best coating so no black. It'll all look chrome.

I had my exhaust housings hot pipe and manifold ceramic coated black on my twins and it was supost to be good to 1700* and most of it burnt off the manifold and the hot pipe discolored, even though I never got it hotter then 1350* hopefully yours holds up better

The turbos on my Dakota and on my girlfriends common rail are done in the polished ceramic. The coating on my Dakota has held up great. Only slight discoloration from getting antifreeze and oil on them when hot. Here's a pic of the common rail manifold.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391739074.573268.jpg

Got a little done tonight. Pulled off the Vacuum pump to cut the shaft and put the drill/tapped gear on, drilled/tapped gear case for the CCV drain, and finished the lower water neck.

35D0E901_zps8d69cdb7.jpg

25527359_zps19183906.jpg

Back