Drag truck/Street toy build

I've been really busy lately but made a little bit of progress. Here's what the Ceramic Coat looks like. My coater convinced me this is the most effective coating they carry. It is the most efficient, highest temperature rating, and cleans easily. I'm happy with it. Hopefully it performs good.

E586B4FA_zpsccb831aa.jpg

Here's my SteedSpeed drilled and tapped for the datalogger ports.

B14C8AA9_zps0b2c12ac.jpg

Man that's rough. I guess I will be waiting a bit longer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful work...Can't wait to see it run!!

wow that engine looks beautiful, nicely done man

Thanks guys, the trans started slipping in my 6.4 so it put a little bit of a damper on my toy budget. Unfortunately it's gonna be a little while before it's done. After I get about $500 in fittings ordered I'll be able to start it but I need to buy my Data logger before I start testing.

Also I'm looking for the billet v-band clamps like the Turbo Smart ones. Let me know if anyone has a source for those. I'm not sure but I assume they are the same size as the JGS ones. It's for my EWG piping so I'll need 3.

Beautiful! Can you post a picture of your primary to block mount? I have a design in mind but yours might be better. :)

Thanks, it's taking longer than I'd like but I'm not gonna skimp anywhere just to finish it and be disappointed.

The primary support is 1" solid stock and the plate on the block is 3/8".

248FC057_zps2b652271.jpg

394EFE31_zps646c4a9f.jpg

A75A7AAC_zps95cd87ba.jpg

I don't like supporting the primary off the oil drain like most. They almost always weep oil. Not a lot but I hate oil leaks... Or any kind of leak for that matter :lolly:

Last edited:
Here's what the old girl looks like right now. I can't wait to see the stance with drag radials. I've got some old bald tires on it right now so the good ones can stay clean/safe. Plus that way I can get some nice 4wd burnout videos after it comes to life :lolly:

44BA58A2_zps07ddfb0a.jpg

0F7A4933_zps4dc0060f.jpg

Thanks, it's taking longer than I'd like but I'm not gonna skimp anywhere just to finish it and be disappointed.

The primary support is 1" solid stock and the plate on the block is 3/8".

I don't like supporting the primary off the oil drain like most. They almost always weep oil. Not a lot but I hate oil leaks... Or any kind of leak for that matter :lolly:

Awesome. Thank you!

Back