Dt360 2008 f450

Leaving it stock for now.... Gonna build another motor once this one's running and driving. I don't want this project to snowball!

and here is the tranny measure roughly to the yoke from the mating surface of the bell.

It has the huge parking brake which I am going to remove and should shorten it a few inches.

Sorry for the blurry pic! trying to one hand it holding the tape...lol

DSC_0980_zpswpdzjdor.jpg

I have a good friend and former boss that towed heavy for literally 700,000 miles with no fan and a 460bbf radiator in his F350/DT366 truck. Cool project bud

Looks like things are moving along nicely! What transfer case are you going to use? What kind of milage are you expecting out of it?

Looks like things are moving along nicely! What transfer case are you going to use? What kind of milage are you expecting out of it?

I'm using the stock nv273, divorcing it with GMC input shaft and flange. As for the mileage....not too sure really, that's a lower priority...I'm more interested in long term engine life and simplicity. ;)

I'm using the stock nv273, divorcing it with GMC input shaft and flange. As for the mileage....not too sure really, that's a lower priority...I'm more interested in long term engine life and simplicity. ;)

GMC parts for the 4500 series trucks?? Where are you getting those??

Pulled the motor back out to finish welding and make a few adjustments. I had to make a fuel filter cut out in the old ford crossmember and wanted to beef that back up since I cut out so much of it. I want to show how I did it since pictures seem to be so top secret with these DT swaps. ;)

DSC_0990_zpsisrzvtij.jpg

Motor mounts:

DSC_0991_zpsocuvkbds.jpg

Good to know. Ya, that's definitely gonna be nice! All the pictures are great and very helpful since these swaps are hard to find documented indeed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back