Dt360 2008 f450

Just the ones I posted last week I think. I'll post lots when I do the motor rebuild and get mo' power

Excuse my ignorance, but is that tranny synchrod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great build! That was a steal of a deal on the donor truck too! Can you snap some pics of your divorced tcase set up? I had big plans of doing a DT408 swap in an old chevy but the tcase situation was holding me back. The truck looks better than I thought it would with that flat bed. By the way, nice fab work too!

Thanks! My buddy has the GMC tcase parts and he will be shipping them to me in the next week or so, then I will get around to installing it. Right now I just had the stock rear drive shaft lengthened to run it 2wd. The parts were about $650 to swap the NV273 to divorced, I will add to the build once I start on that part.

Thanks, I'm curious to see what it is. I'm guessing it's an input with a drive flange?

Ya thats pretty much it, 3 parts, new input, the flange, and maybe the nut? lol I can't remember anymore.

Here is the GM nv273

040720TH04-389.JPG

Pretty cool.... Where are the mounting spots on that case? I know the 205 has thicker areas in the case with holes tapped for mounting, didn't think one that was designed as a married case would have something like that.

You can see the mount in this pic, it uses all the bolts holes that would mate it to a transmission normally:

040616TH05-422.JPG

number 18 in this one:

040519TH04-388.JPG

Awesome Build!
I have been collecting parts for a medium duty f550 swap my self. I wanted to do what you are doing with the divorced nv273 from chevy / gmc 4500 and 5500. I plan on a ISL p pump engine like Buck, trans an rtoo9513, planning on a nv271 manual shift trasfer case, regearing the dana 135 to 4.10 etc. Cab is a 1950 Willys Pickup cab only, to make a lil rig.. I like your 19.5 singles what gears are you running in your axles?
Awesome build ! keep up the documentation!! Love it!
Thanks,
Deo

Awesome Build!
I have been collecting parts for a medium duty f550 swap my self. I wanted to do what you are doing with the divorced nv273 from chevy / gmc 4500 and 5500. I plan on a ISL p pump engine like Buck, trans an rtoo9513, planning on a nv271 manual shift trasfer case, regearing the dana 135 to 4.10 etc. Cab is a 1950 Willys Pickup cab only, to make a lil rig.. I like your 19.5 singles what gears are you running in your axles?
Awesome build ! keep up the documentation!! Love it!
Thanks,
Deo

Sounds like a cool project! This truck has 4.88's in it. I might switch to a 271 as well if I can find one. One less electronic thing. ;)

I'm super bored and irritated with 180hp already....it takes soooooooo long to get up to city speeds. But when its cruising it's fine, hills, fine...just painfully slow from 0-40.

Back