Dt360 2008 f450

WOW

Good job, and 1st time I've seen a 2008+ truck with a dt360 lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on going with this thread, I'm wondering what you do about the wires and sensors and guages, cause all I can do is have another vodka and think about it haha.

WOW

Good job, and 1st time I've seen a 2008+ truck with a dt360 lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on going with this thread, I'm wondering what you do about the wires and sensors and guages, cause all I can do is have another vodka and think about it haha.

I think the best and simplest solution would be to remove the stock gauge cluster all together, and get a custom face made that houses mechanical gauges. Really just eliminate as much electronic stuff as possible. Once I get the engine bay finished up...I will move to the dreaded interior. lol

I was actually quite surprised, the turbo wasn't hooked up, but with the manual trans....it is really torquey! The crawl ratio in 1st and reverse is pretty awesome too. Just let the clutch out and it makes for some good slow speed maneuvering. ;)

Congrats man, this is really awesome to see. Would love to see some engine bay pics as well. Will you be able to keep the transfer case electronic shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man, this is really awesome to see. Would love to see some engine bay pics as well. Will you be able to keep the transfer case electronic shift?

I will take some today, as far as the Tcase, I think it's going to be doing some wiring trickery to make it work, I may just end up switching to a manual shift tcase. We will see!

;)

I still haven't done much with my clutch setup yet. I plan on running air bags so i may have a small on board compressor. How much did that slave setup cost and how much air pressure does it use?

I have a hookup to get them for around $200, otherwise they are $700 at the volvo dealer. I've run it from 120 psi to maybe 10 in the tank, and it still works good, and it uses barely any air every time it's cycled.

Hmmmm Good idea, I will have to pull the actuator apart and see how it works. I already have air for the clutch slave I could tie into. I might just try to hot wire it and see if I can trick it into moving.

A couple pics of the engine bay, nothing fancy or pretty...just in get it done and working mode.

DSC_1043_zpsu9fpexrf.jpg

DSC_1044_zpsvqf5cvdo.jpg

Got a dumping flat deck today too, needs shortening and a cleanup...but it was almost free.

DSC_1041_zpsjenxipga.jpg

Looking good. Are you going to plumb it up to the 6.4 intercooler?

That was my plan...I started putting it in and realized that my new crossmember is in the way....so I have to come up with a plan B. Just got insurance for it and some mud flaps so I can do some actual road testing now.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but would you post up the part number/make and model number for the air/hydraulic slave cylinger? I need to look into one of those.

BTW, this is the one of the top engine swap threads I've read in a long time. Heck of a job!

Thanks,
D.S.

Back