Duraflite Q&A; the good and the bad. Tell me about it

Ryan, do you think they would hold up on a truck around 6k pounds?

Hoping to be at-least 5,500 when done but in reality wanting to be closer to 5,000lbs

I wanted to do a 48 swap sooner but I'm currently just shy of 7k and I don't trust the 48's with heavy weight. Just seems like you're asking for shaft trouble, but now that the weight will be getting significantly less I trust one behind my power plant more.
Especially now that the Santjer solid billet input has been proven to be a super reliable end all be all for inputs.

Yes Rob i do, for sure. Im here at the Street Outlaw finals at the Motorplex, almost every car in the parking lot has a 400, most north of 3k hp many over 4k hp. The 400 today in a Reid case or others are unreal and super reliable. Not your junkyard core with ebay parts and shadetree over haul, lol but a nice built unit will take all you could throw at it even at 6k
JMO of course

My 400s back in the day worked great and i was closer to my ugly description of them, lol. No lock up back then was what held me Way back. Those days ae over. Was no aftermarket case back then either

Are they also that stout for the 4wd trucks? What transfer case do most run?

I know Derick Rose was experimenting with the 400 this summer and seemed to have pretty good luck with it. He's the only 4x4 guy I've seen with one though.

Back