Duramax Rail- Who will be King in 2016

Back to the discussionzzz. What would happen if Greg, Wade, and Dmitri met at Charlotte for a 3-wide grudge race? Would the track be ab;e to contain all of the rev-gain and ego?

The real question is, how will D ever get his on a portable chassis Dyno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the time he launched to the time the guys yell in the video. It is pretty close to 7 seconds, might be an interesting year if H&S bring the rail out.

Then they stayed in it for another 3?

Sure would be sweet if a hand full of dragsters showed up at an event. It's a crime there isn't a real pot for top spot instead of the chump change they have to look forward to now.

Then they stayed in it for another 3?

Sure would be sweet if a hand full of dragsters showed up at an event. It's a crime there isn't a real pot for top spot instead of the chump change they have to look forward to now.

Relatively speaking the Pro Dragster purse is pretty darn good for the ODSS races! It won't pay for the car by any stretch, but it is a pretty darn good payout! $4000 minimum to the winner and $1500 minimum to the runner up... 4X as much to the winner as Bracket or Index classes and double Pro Street. To win all 6 ODSS events this year would pay out a minimum of $24,000. And I think there was talk of a championship fund too, but I might be confused there...

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178194

Last edited:
Wade said he was a week or so out from shaking it down.

I think he'll give it a good go for sure.

32606CB1-A0A2-4025-ABC7-79C9C30EC98F_zps7rwtcrgv.jpg

Back to the discussionzzz. What would happen if Greg, Wade, and Dmitri met at Charlotte for a 3-wide grudge race? Would the track be ab;e to contain all of the rev-gain and ego?

Yes it could, because one would run 12's or slower, the next would have terrible tire shake or hit the wall, and the last would blow up on the line

Man that's still chump change IMO for dragster at that level and a crew to support it along with hauling the whole show half way across the country.

Might be chump change, but I think it might be the best payout in diesel motorsports right now and it is guaranteed!

Wade said he was a week or so out from shaking it down.

I think he'll give it a good go for sure.

32606CB1-A0A2-4025-ABC7-79C9C30EC98F_zps7rwtcrgv.jpg

I like the headers, but I wonder why he doesn't run the manifold as a rear entrance and shorten up the intake plumbing from the turbo to the intake?

Might be chump change, but I think it might be the best payout in diesel motorsports right now and it is guaranteed!

And it's at least twice as much as the winner in the Super Stock truck pulls which are probably twice as expensive to build/operate??

I think the current payouts in ODSS is phenomenal for the drag racers!!

Man that's still chump change IMO for dragster at that level and a crew to support it along with hauling the whole show half way across the country.

The purse is actually higher than winning in the NHRA TD class national events real close to Top Alky purses..

Last edited:
I like the headers, but I wonder why he doesn't run the manifold as a rear entrance and shorten up the intake plumbing from the turbo to the intake?

Just a guess, but weight distribution is better with the heavy turbos mounted back there.

Just a guess, but weight distribution is better with the heavy turbos mounted back there.

I'm not wondering why the turbos are back there, but why he runs the compressor output from the chargers up to the front of the engine then into the intake. I would think the manifold could be turned around and made to be a rear entrance then the tubing from the turbos to the manifold would be much shorter...

Back