ED s62/68/13ssWRC writeup and pics!!

what kind of price are they asking for this thing? What kind of hp are they shooting for? 500+ and being able to keep it cool or....?

Around 550 rwhp, heard it's made more as in around 575 horse but hot as would be expected.

may have to send in this D-Tech 62/65/12 in for a bit of work.........

the truck setup is 3.55's 33" tires, stock lift, no head porting or polish, ats manifolds, stock intercooler, 370's, FC dv's, modified AFC, no plate, 4k springs, and 60lb. valve springs. nothing special. im sure it is cabable of 550-600hp with the right amount of fuel, yes it's going to be hot on the top end, but i was after better spoolup, and all around better driving boost. it seems there are more than a handful of 12&24v trucks out there with 62 chargers making over 500hp. guys if you have more technical questions, ill try and answer to best of my ability, chris was more than helpful with answering all of my questions. he is super busy, but will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. so don't hesitate to give him a call!

it's about 10psi, it will be at 4-6psi, and i barely touch the pedal and it's over 10psi. do you have the manifold, and turbo blankets? that along with the 13ss housing over the 14 cast i think that is helping alot with crusing boost, and spoolup. i also have the downpipe wraped. there is very little lag at all. i love it!

Im waiting till I do the twins to get the blankets and wrap.

I lost 4-5psi of boost AFTER the head was P&P'd. It makes a big difference, IMO.

Wes I looked into that "ring" on the compressor outlet and It wont be an issue. If you want I will mod one for you and send it so you can swap it out. Chris

Great pictures

Ahhh. Very nice. :rockwoot: I wish I had a race cover on my 64mm!

We do not have a race cover for the 64mm compressor or any of the 3rd gens yet. The 64's map is pretty solid. the 62 and 66 needed help and the 68 needed somewhere to go. The 3rd gens are ahead of the 2nd's in performance in most cases on the street level so it started with the 2nd's. Now that they are proving themselves, others will follow. Chris

This thread came at just the right time. My ED 62/68/13ssWRC is being built this upcoming week. And my manifold blanket/turbo sock from Levi are supposed to be here tomorrow as well. :woohoo: I can't wait to see the difference over my bone stock BD Super B.

ahhhh another BD victim....

how'd you like that super B ?

i was dumb enough to buy a tranny from them... wasn't going to let them take me for a ride again tho.

Ha, it did the job for what it was, and luckily I didnt pay anything close to retail for it. But it (as usual) wasn't enough airflow for towing heavy in the mountains. I can't wait to see the upgrade in turbochargers I am going to be getting from ED.

I have a super B special, can you rebuild it to the 62/68/14 with a race cover and how much would that cost?

the 62 and 66 needed help and the 68 needed somewhere to go

Chris...
So what are you saying with this statement,the 62 and 66 wheeled chargers that are out there are inferior without this cover?.If thats the case then do you have a race cover for a 2nd gen 66mm charger available?.........Andy

the truck setup is 3.55's 33" tires, stock lift, no head porting or polish, ats manifolds, stock intercooler, 370's, FC dv's, modified AFC, no plate, 4k springs, and 60lb. valve springs. nothing special. im sure it is cabable of 550-600hp with the right amount of fuel, yes it's going to be hot on the top end, but i was after better spoolup, and all around better driving boost. it seems there are more than a handful of 12&24v trucks out there with 62 chargers making over 500hp. guys if you have more technical questions, ill try and answer to best of my ability, chris was more than helpful with answering all of my questions. he is super busy, but will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. so don't hesitate to give him a call!

With those figures I get an 1871rpm cruise. 10psi just cruising? Wow, mine really needs to get here!!! I don't think the stocker did that good but it's been so long since I had mineLOL

at 75mph my tach is reading just over 2100rpm, how did you get that number?

nope auto tranny, ill have to watch that when i drive the truck tommorow, hopefully i will be able to get some video also.

nope auto tranny, ill have to watch that when i drive the truck tommorow, hopefully i will be able to get some video also.

Yeah, if the speedo's not been calibrated and you're running a 33" tire you're likely going a good bit faster than 75mph! That would explain the higher boost.

Back