Efi live update

just had to go check mine. i got an 05 and its the SCI, CM848G

For those of you who have confirmed you have the CM849B on an 05 build, we need to check a little more thoroughly to confirm 110% that they are infact running a CAN OS.

To do so, I need a VIN so I can check the OS, rather than post your VIN publicly please PM me with details and I'll check out the OS details and get back to you.

Cheers
Cindy

Well with a build date of 7/05 its still a 06 truck, so are you talking to the actuall 05 trucks?or the guys with 05 build dates but early 06 trucks? thanks Danny

For those of you who have confirmed you have the CM849B on an 05 build, we need to check a little more thoroughly to confirm 110% that they are infact running a CAN OS.

To do so, I need a VIN so I can check the OS, rather than post your VIN publicly please PM me with details and I'll check out the OS details and get back to you.

Cheers
Cindy

VIN sent via PM. Please let me know:pop:

When it was first suggested that CAN vehicles didn't commence until 06/06, we needed to investigate.

What we've found is that it appears all 06 models are infact CAN irrespective of build date, and like most vehicle manufacturers the 06 model commenced production in 2005 . I've received a couple of VIN's that we've checked as being CAN.

If you think you have an 06 model, and do not have the CAN ECM part number that I listed previously please contact me with your VIN and vehicle build month/year and I'll check.

What we don't want to see is customers purchasing our product only to find out that their vehicle is not supported, so if in doubt please ask.

Thankyou everyone for sharing your knowledge, vehicle details and your offers of assistance. While you may not see the significance of your individual actions, collectively they have provided us with great assistance in mapping support coverage.

Cheers
Cindy

When it was first suggested that CAN vehicles didn't commence until 06/06, we needed to investigate.

What we've found is that it appears all 06 models are infact CAN irrespective of build date, and like most vehicle manufacturers the 06 model commenced production in 2005 . Cheers
Cindy

I wish I had read this far before Iwent out to check. I also have a 7/05 build '06 model and its CM849B.

I would think if you have the new style wiring harness you have the CAN bus ecm. The valve cover is different and they have 2 plugs for the injector banks instead of 3, correct me if I'm wrong.

That could be right about the valve cover wiring.My 06 with a build date of 9/05 is CAN

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Can anyone with a 5/05 or older 05 cofirm this with there ecu? All these 6/05 and newer 06's arent telling me anything..lol

Also the TPS moved to the fuel pedal and off the engine/or fender well with the change from SCI to CAN

Not all of them. our 05 Build 10-04 is SCI and has the firewall mounted electronic pedal.

true here aswell. My 04.5 had the fuel pedal TPS in the cab aswell.

Oh my bad. Do you happen to know if it is the same TPS or not? Might make a CAN swap easier if I come to that.

Can anyone with a 5/05 or older 05 cofirm this with there ecu? All these 6/05 and newer 06's arent telling me anything..lol

At this point I can confirm that 07/05 + trucks are all CAN - but you already knew that! Nobody has emailed us details of anything earlier that came back as CAN, however.......

Are you saying that on your 04.5 you have either a CM849B or CM849A controller? If you do, can you please PM me your VIN, I'd like to check if we support your truck.

Cheers
Cindy

Back