EFILive Beta First Impressions

tmoneydiesel - didnt think it would be a crime (correct me if im wrong) to ask to see how everything was going.... hasnt been asked in a while

Have not seen anyone put up a RPM video yet, but here is a stock motor truck turning right at 4500 rpm. Kinda scary on stock internals but it handled it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMoILMNc2n8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMoILMNc2n8[/ame]

Yeah, I know I just meant that no one has posted any in this thread. There are others out there that are running more RPM, but the masses have not seen it yet.

but here is a stock motor truck turning right at 4500 rpm. Kinda scary on stock internals but it handled it.

Fleece hit 5300 over a month ago.. do a search.. there's videos on here
I think the point of phale's post was it was a stock engine doing it :eek:
It will be interesting to see how the RPM wars go now with the racers / tuners. I recall the Fleece truck did a run to 5,500 RPM (I have the log somewhere), but that is not the limit of the ECM any more, so who knows where this might end up.

I think the point of phale's post was it was a stock engine doing it :eek:
It will be interesting to see how the RPM wars go now with the racers / tuners. I recall the Fleece truck did a run to 5,500 RPM (I have the log somewhere), but that is not the limit of the ECM any more, so who knows where this might end up.

That was the point exactly. I was not and am not trying to take anything away from Fleece, and I am sure that there are others out there that are turning more RPM than us, just no one had shown it yet. We took that truck to a local sled pull last night and it carried right at 4000 rpm down the track, and a lot of people did not believe that it was running a stock ECM. I just wanted to show what was possible with a STOCK motor and public release software that a lot of people said could never be done with the factory ECM.

You keep saying nobody showed it.. lol I just told you that they did a month ago.. on a stock motor..I'm not taking anything away from you just stating the obvious.

does the truck have spring? pushrods? anything else. pulling 4k down the track completely stock might be interesting for a short bit lol

completely stock motor, no spring, pushrods, etc. Not sure how long it will handle it, we are going to at least throw some springs in it soon.

Any updates on Transmission and the Switchable tunning?

Any ETA on these?

There have been some comments made on these already - though I don't believe they are directly answered. The switchable tuning will most likely come after support for 6.7s and the SCI trucks has been completed and released... At least I believe that's what i've heard / read. The transmission updates are "on the list" last i heard as well, but that doesn't mean they are next on the list :)

There are lots of "things" requested by tuners and owners alike. EFILive is aware of them and i'm sure is working on checking them off as fast as they can. There are other items for them to support along the way which are high priority and get shuffled to the front when needed to.

I know that's not a direct answer, but I believe it's the only answer available right now. They will correct me if i'm wrong.

Zach summed up where we are at perfectly.

Development is a constant juggling act. We are trying to prioritize what features are essential and what are nice to have for the 5.9L whilst being mindful of the new controllers we need to add support for, along with 2012 support for existing controllers.

Switchable tuning (CSP)allows users to modify a SPECIFIC, LIMITED number of tables on the fly. The number of tables is dependant on the amount of space available in the ECM.

In terms of development order specifically for Switchable tuning, it's a bit like the chicken and the egg - which comes first? The issue is EVERYONE wants it, but NO ONE has used the tool long enough to be 110% what parameters are ESSENTIAL. Once the CSP tables are determined, there is no going back - no reworking it, no changing of tables unless we scrap it and start over (start completely over - none of the work is transportable).

From a development perspective, and looking at our history Ross won't start over, so whatever is chosen is what our customers will have to live with. That's not to say we have tables in our current Duramax DSP that are not useful, it means that since development some users have identified tables that are MORE useful.

To determine which tables are ESSENTIAL, we'll gather feedback from our BETA testers and customers when the time is right, and then pick through the list to get the best combination. Ultimately it means we need to get it right the first time.

Cheers
Cindy

Expected Future Development:
We fully expect that after our initial release, we'll be working with our customer base to extend our product further. There is enough in this tuning software release to make some serious power (it's already been done in testing), and remove those traditional annoyances. This release contains 140 tables / parameters for tuning and we expect this list to grow significantly as we work with customers who tune their vehicles for specific purposes that will require further parameters to optimize their setup and as we ourselves learn more about the operation of the ECM.

Future releases aim to include:
CSP – Cummins Switchable Tuning. Use an EFILive Custom OS to switch tunes on the fly.
Black Box functionality for reading, flashing and logging to be implemented.
Transmission tuning.
2007-2009 6.7L Beta to commence in the 2nd half of 2011.
2009+ Beta and 2003-2005 5.9L Beta – development will commence after 6.7L BETA is finalised. Dates are not yet available.

I Copied this from the EFIlive First Cummins Public Release thread.

I thought that since the CSP was listed first, that it would be the first to be done.

Guess I was wrong.

Default 06-07 5.9L Feature Request List

This is the official place to request features for the EFILive Cummins tuning.
Don't hold back, as crazy as something might sound, it's worth mentioning it, you never know. But don't be offended if the final answer is no.
As requests are posted this list will be grouped by status.

Currently in Beta, to be released with next public update:

Intake Heater removal without DTC.
Speedo adjustment.
Speed Limiter.

Request acknowledged, slotted for next Beta update:

Wastegate removal without DTC.
Transmission tuning.
Transmission shift torque reduction disable.

Noted, no firm time frame:

MIL / DTC disable list, GM style.
Enable 'High Idle' function via Cruise.
Switchable tuning (i.e DSP for Cummins).
Fog Lamp on with High Beam option. (Low priority, TIPM function, not ECM)
Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's

Fixed it for you

First couple on the summary list on our forum are done (Speed limiter etc), I'll get Ross to update the thread.

Cheers
Cindy

I thought that since the CSP was listed first, that it would be the first to be done.

Guess I was wrong.

I can see why you'd think that would be the case, but it's just one of many features/additions on the list.

The Feature request list 06-07 5.9L Feature Request List is where we are collectively "dumping" all ideas and suggestions, but again it's not in any order for implementation or development, although we'll try and keep it updated and detail what's in the next release.

Cheers
Cindy

Anyone got a line on efilive tuning in the northern Ca area? Would appreciate it.thanks

Back