Experience with twisted inputs needed

They do not advertise it on the website call and ask about it. I would also check and sure your not running a 5.0 lever.

Pretty sure they do advertise it, they just don't come right out and say it is aermet unless you talk to them. On the website it just says "select aerospace alloy"

TCS Products

They do not advertise it on the website call and ask about it. I would also check and sure your not running a 5.0 lever.

Its a DTT kit i used when i build it. Its either 4.2 or 4.4. Doesnt seem to be any binding when it shifts.

Pretty sure they do advertise it, they just don't come right out and say it is aermet unless you talk to them. On the website it just says "select aerospace alloy"

TCS Products

I just put one of those shafts in a trans i built. Looked like a nice piece, but i wasnt sure how well the 2 piece design would hold up. Its what a larger builder in the area uses and he hasnt had any problems with them.

I will call monday to talk to them about it. Thanks

Last edited:

TCS Products

Thats the 300m obviously you get dealer pricing because the A-100 is like 795 list price. I was told there 300 m is not the same as other on the market that the alloy is a different material but that just what I was told.

I would replace it. It has been my experience that if it is starting to twist it is on its way and it wont take too much more to finish it off and cause a lot of damage. I think when the steel molecules are stretched and pulled like that they never really recover they just get weaker. I am using one of M J Tool and Fab's Monster shafts they seem to be holding up for me and I have busted a bunch of the Sonex and the TCS shafts .

I agree with this I also broke these shafts frequently like 7 months tops for life span I have went with M J Tool Fab's Monster Shaft and Converter and it has been a year and a half and still going strong.

Shows a-100 for glides. I assume they make them for every type of major trans model.

Just an update to this for those that don't make it to the dyno section. We broke a converter on our second dyno pull (first was 1503rwhp uncorrected), the shaft was fine and is going back in. We are hopefully back at the track this weekend, and next weekend.

Just an update to this for those that don't make it to the dyno section. We broke a converter on our second dyno pull (first was 1503rwhp uncorrected), the shaft was fine and is going back in. We are hopefully back at the track this weekend, and next weekend.

Good to know, thanks for the update! I did call and talk to paul at TCS canada about the input shaft options they have. This winter when i pull my trans to swap shafts it will be getting a serious thought.

Posted this in another thread but the tensile spec for Aermet is about 16% higher than 300M.

But the elasticity is what really sets it apart. I don't have the data in front of me, but I do remember you can twist it an ungodly amount and have it return to its normal position with no ill effects.

I think there is more to shaft breakage than pure power. We have lauched our 7000+lb 4wd trucks at 30psi with 1000+ hp and never broke a shaft. Over 450 passes in my 4wd and never even twisted a shaft. Aron had over 200 passes in his red truck and never twisted or broke one. And now even in our pro street truck at 1300+ hp, still have not twisted or broke a shaft. Some say coincidence, but Ive seen shafts break and twist in other brands of trannies at moderate hp levels in street trucks. The main difference is shift quality. I wish more of the big tranny shops out there spent more time testing this theory.

No bash here but there's a local vp truck that had a goerend trans that broke 1 billet input and twist another with mild shift firmness like most of there vave bodies are and ended up installing a phat shaft and has been holding for a year. I do agree that shift quality does effect it but isn't always the culprit to shaft failure.

Lavon

Back